+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 6

Re: Army Wives - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    There you go! The next show in this franchise could be 'Marine Wives'!
    If they do, I hope they drug test the actors first just to be safe.

Brooke was on The View as a guest host one day this week and I may have missed it, but I never heard her mention Army Wives. Isn't that odd? Wouldn't you think she would be promoting it? Maybe I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Brooke was on The View as a guest host one day this week and I may have missed it, but I never heard her mention Army Wives. Isn't that odd? Wouldn't you think she would be promoting it? Maybe I missed it.
    She DID mention it.

I can't remember the exact context, but she mentioned that she was working on Army Wives and playing an Air Force pilot. She wasn't promoting it ... it was part of her reply to something they were talking about.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    If they do, I hope they drug test the actors first just to be safe.
    I don't understand that comment.

Mohandas Gandhi

I guess CJ really is dead. I wondered if they would have her plane go down and not find a body. That way, the door would be open for her return down the road, say after Michael remarries. But, they really killed her off. Dead body and everything. I do question the manner of death. Her heart just wore out?????????????? There goes that technical team at work again. I'm trying to forget it. They totally screwed up everything about CJ's health and medical situation. I'm trying to forget it and move forward. It was BS from day one and they should never make those mistakes again.

Who is the world styled the clothes that Emmalin was wearing???????????? They dressed her like she was an aging housewife.

IT was good to see the gang together again. Sad it's for such a terrible occasion.

Do you really think that CJ would have insisted on creamation when it was so important to her daughter to have her next to her sister so she could come and visit? That struck me as odd.
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-11-2013 at 12:12 PM.

I so looked forward to the return of Army Wives but I felt last night's episode was a big let down.

It was all about death, and I would have rather seen the season open with CJ still alive and travelling and eat this elephant in small bites. I hope next week is better.

It was interesting that Denise took the military "wife" spot for Michael ... telling him who everyone was as they approached.

The cremation thing was odd ... because if the reason was because she "knew" they wouldn't always be at Fort Marshall ... why weren't Amanda's ashes in an Urn ... or scattered?

Mohandas Gandhi

The writers do weird things on this show. Often, they don't stop and think things through, IMO. I"m trying to let it go and hoping that this season will be better.

Another thing I found odd is the scene they had Emmalin come in to speak to her father and then he immediately recalls a memory of staring at CJ's breast and getting all hot and bothered. Really? Your daugther made you recall that memory? Ewww.....kind of odd.

I also thought the women bragged about their crying too much. Pam says she cried her eyes out the entire trip and then psychiatrist's wife says there are going to be a lot of people crying at that ceremony. I don't know. It just seemed VERY over the top about the crying. Most people do it, but don't talk about it that much. It's like they wanted us to make sure we knew everyone cried a lot over that death.

I'm not sure how the military operates, but would it really be normal to call a man and tell him he's wife is dead on the phone? I realize CJ was not military, but she was traveling with the first lady. Is that considered appropriate? And what father would call a young adult daugther and tell her her mom died on the phone? Wouldn't you contact a school security or chaplain? It seemed rather cold to me.

As I said ... I was just really let down and disappointed. Hope it gets better.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I don't understand that comment.
    Supposedly that was Kim Delaney's problem last season and why she was missing so much. I do recall her showing up at an important function in her real life and she could barely talk. She looked way out of it. I can't remember if it was drugs or alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I so looked forward to the return of Army Wives but I felt last night's episode was a big let down.

It was all about death, and I would have rather seen the season open with CJ still alive and travelling and eat this elephant in small bites. I hope next week is better.

It was interesting that Denise took the military "wife" spot for Michael ... telling him who everyone was as they approached.

The cremation thing was odd ... because if the reason was because she "knew" they wouldn't always be at Fort Marshall ... why weren't Amanda's ashes in an Urn ... or scattered?
    Next week is suppose to be more of the same just in case you weren't aware. I understand besides Brooke Shields there are going to be either one or two more woman coming to the show. I forget their names or I would add them. I guess the actress who plays Roxy is pregnant and will only be on a couple of episodes and then after that I am not sure. Seemed like it might only be on occassion. Of course Pamela has already moved. Lots of changes and not sure how it will turn out. Good question about Amanda's ashes and I have no idea what the answer is.

+ Reply to Thread