+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 67
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Touch

  1. #51
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    they absolutely ruined it. it is havin a "24" feel to it. Why can't we just stick to making connections. Why bring in more violence to it? I don't think it will survive this season.
    The "everything is connected" theme was what I loved so much last year. In the middle of all of the news focus on war, violence, hate, political strife, etc; it was nice to have a show that made me feel good about our oneness and that did it in an intelligent way. Last year, it included much of the challenging stuff that's going on in the world but did it in a way that felt like we can all have a positive effect on things. Now, this show is just like watching the news but on adrenaline. I'm not happy about the change!
    Ellen and jacobson00 like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  2. #52
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,480

    Re: Touch

    absolutely, the everything is connected was what made the show big last year or at least to me. even though it took time to reach it--well it made us think. Now there is no thinking--let's just save jake from the guy that wants to kill him and end it.

  3. #53
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    absolutely, the everything is connected was what made the show big last year or at least to me. even though it took time to reach it--well it made us think. Now there is no thinking--let's just save jake from the guy that wants to kill him and end it.
    Exactly!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  4. #54
    FORT Fogey march's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    863

    Re: Touch

    I am still watching but yeah it did have a "24" vibe to it last week.
    The guy that is running around trying to kill people like Jake needs to get caught for a while or something. He is able to find these peole awfully easy and seems to have an unlimited amount of money to spend chasing them for a priest.

  5. #55
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    I am still watching but yeah it did have a "24" vibe to it last week.
    The guy that is running around trying to kill people like Jake needs to get caught for a while or something. He is able to find these peole awfully easy and seems to have an unlimited amount of money to spend chasing them for a priest.
    And what was this priest doing with a wife and child? Confusing!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  6. #56
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    And what was this priest doing with a wife and child? Confusing!
    Was he an Episcopal (as opposed to Roman Catholic) priest?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  7. #57
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Was he an Episcopal (as opposed to Roman Catholic) priest?
    I don't think so. The confessional booth isn't an Episcopal thing, is it?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  8. #58
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I don't think so. The confessional booth isn't an Episcopal thing, is it?
    No clue.
    Wait...I'll ask my hubby...he was Episcopal as a kid...
    He said no, they didn't have those.
    Hmm...okay...
    Mystery on!
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  9. #59
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,480

    Re: Touch

    and how easily he is getting away with those murders. I know it is tv but come one

  10. #60
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    and how easily he is getting away with those murders. I know it is tv but come one
    Seriously! And when he's jet-setting around the world committing the murders, I'm guessing he just somehow magically walks through airport security wearing the necklace of death.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.