+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Touch

Re: Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    "Jake, Jake, Jake!" pant, pant. "Jake, Jake, Jake!" pant, pant. . .
    . . . Jake, Jake, Jake! . . . pant, pant . . . "Dammit!"
    . . .So much of the show is Bauer chasing after his son . . .
    Yup, in that way, like 24 without the cool accessories.
    But I'll watch anyway for the writing of the vignettes. I saw something on an entertainment news program about the short-story writers working for the show.

The thing that makes me laugh (other than "Jake! Jake! pant, pant") is how the social worker (or whatever her job is) keeps insisting on how their facility is such a great place for Jake -- while he's running out the door.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Speaking of the kid in Iraq, was anyone besides me irritated by the continuity error in the show week before last when the Japanese girls showed up at the dance contest with the phone that had gone around the world, even though the last place it had been seen was when it was used as the bomb trigger on the Iraqi boy?
    Well, the bomb never went off :-) But yeah, just how did the phone get from Iraq back to the Japanese girls? Without looking any the worse for wear, considering that it was taken apart?

FORT Fogey

what is Keith's name on this show? i forgot? i kept calling him Jack bauer

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    what is Keith's name on this show? i forgot? i kept calling him Jack bauer
    Kiefer Sutherland plays Martin Baum.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Well, the bomb never went off :-) But yeah, just how did the phone get from Iraq back to the Japanese girls? Without looking any the worse for wear, considering that it was taken apart?
    All he did was take the battery out, so that wouldn't have hurt the phone. It was the "how did it get back to Japan from Iraq?" issue that irritated me. It's like the writers forgot about the bomb thing.

While the operator was dealing with the bomb, they had the images from the phone playing on the Jumbotrons in Japan's "Times Square," but I was OK with that, because I figured the girls' friend had copied the files off somehow. But it was very clear at the end of that episode that the phone itself was still in Iraq.

On a more positive note, I do think it's cool the way that characters from previous episodes randomly show up in new episodes. It sort of reinforces that "everything's connected" theme.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I get really, really confused -- and sometimes annoyed.
    Which, with this show, means that the writers are doing what they're supposed to do.
    (I'm still watching...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Baum not Bauer...yikes. The phone did bother me; are we sure it was the same phone? The girls sent it off with a man traveling to Egypt, which is how it may have ended up in Iraq? That phone is one mysterious string in the show's theory...like an Easter egg that keeps on giving. LOL Look for the phone.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Baum not Bauer...yikes. The phone did bother me; are we sure it was the same phone? The girls sent it off with a man traveling to Egypt, which is how it may have ended up in Iraq? That phone is one mysterious string in the show's theory...like an Easter egg that keeps on giving. LOL Look for the phone.
    Yes. It was the same phone. It had the little flowers or bears or whatever the stick on thingies were. More importantly, it was the phone that rang when the operator acted on the father's request to locate the phone so that he could get back the pictures of his dead daughter. It was clearly his phone that the kid answered who had the bomb attached to him.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

So I just watched the two-hour finale online. Somehow I had thought that the week before that was the last show last season, and I just stumbled across the real finale when looking at the Fox site to see when this show starts up again.

This next season should be pretty exciting with them on the run and in contact with Amelia's mother. Wonder where it will all go? Can't wait for October. That's when it starts again, right?

Just a reminder that the show is starting up again tonight!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast