+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Touch

Re: Touch

There was a pilot in January and then nothing until the pilot was reshown mid March.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! that kid is a bit tiresome.

i wish i had known abt this show in jan. i really like it!
    I love the show, too. But I can't help but laugh every time Kiefer Sutherland says a Jack Bauer-esque "dammit." Or how the woman at the facility goes on about how that place is safer for the kid — yadda, yadda, yadda — and they can't keep an eye on him any better than Jack Bauer (or whatever his name is).
    But yeah, I'd totally suck at being his caregiver.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey
    That kid gets on my nerves. I want to slap the etc....lol
    Ellen likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Wow, wow, wow. The son's got freakin' autism - that's the whole premise of the show!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Wow, wow, wow. The son's got freakin' autism - that's the whole premise of the show!
    I knowwwww. but when kid just brushes Jack bauer it becomes so annoying. He just walks off
    By the way, sometimes i feel like i am watching "24".
    Ellen likes this.

I know he's got autism and that's the whole premise. But I still acknowledge that I'd be a lousy caregiver/parent because I find him so annoying. BTW, the kid actor who plays him has some mad acting skills!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I know he's got autism and that's the whole premise. But I still acknowledge that I'd be a lousy caregiver/parent because I find him so annoying. BTW, the kid actor who plays him has some mad acting skills!
    i am quite impressed by the kid

"Jake, Jake, Jake!" pant, pant. "Jake, Jake, Jake!" pant, pant. So much of the show is Bauer chasing after his son, breathless much of the time. Interesting that on the fourth episode some of the participants of the first episode (those involving 9/11 and the wife, and the kid in Iraq who wants to be Chris Rock) got their closure.

I'll continue to watch, but I think Sutherland will need a respirator if he has to do much more running.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Speaking of the kid in Iraq, was anyone besides me irritated by the continuity error in the show week before last when the Japanese girls showed up at the dance contest with the phone that had gone around the world, even though the last place it had been seen was when it was used as the bomb trigger on the Iraqi boy?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    "Jake, Jake, Jake!" pant, pant. "Jake, Jake, Jake!" pant, pant. So much of the show is Bauer chasing after his son, breathless much of the time. Interesting that on the fourth episode some of the participants of the first episode (those involving 9/11 and the wife, and the kid in Iraq who wants to be Chris Rock) got their closure.

I'll continue to watch, but I think Sutherland will need a respirator if he has to do much more running.
    LOL! I've always taken it as they're trying (really hard) to make him as different from Jack Bauer as they can. I always laugh at the differences - the first time he had to go up the ladder but couldn't b/c he was afraid of heights we had to pause the show b/c I couldn't stop. That's how I've always taken it - Once Upon a Time gives us easter eggs from their previous shows/movies and Touch keeps giving us different ways that Keifer's character (can't remember his name; he'll always be Jack) is different from JB.

[Sidenote - at least we have a "24" movie to look forward to, whenever they get it made!]

[Sidenote #2 - My son has a boy in his class named Jack Bauer and it always make me chuckle inside when I see him b/c he's such a little imp-LOL. His mother swears they never saw the show nor knew about Jack (DH asked; I never would!) but, come on, everyone knows who JB is!)
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast