+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Touch

Re: Touch

All the presented threads were neatly tied off by the end of the episode. I found the most compelling to be the boy in Iraq searching for a way to buy an oven for the family bread business...talk about a close coincidence. But, then, everyone knows there is no such thing as coincidence -right? I think this is a very interesting theme for a show and I am glad that the dad and social worker figured out the boy.

I once watched a documentary using Fibonacci number sequence to locate forest patterns by counting and observing trees and their leaf construction in a forest. It fit the spiral perfectly. What is different with this show is showing the flexible connections between people which can be proved to tighten with math or numbers in the sequence. Fascinating.

I watched the preview online, but will see if On Demand has it up today. It is worth a second look and I look forward to March.

Did anyone read this past week that there is a Science paper stating that the earth (and the universe) is not a solid construct, but a hologram? That would flow somewhat into the premise of Fringe and the three layers of reality I've written about in fantasy stories. There is another article regarding the expanding universe which is finding that the whole of our universe is being pulled through space, possibly by another universe. That would be an interesting idea for Science Fiction writers - you survive the black hole only to be pushed forward in time. Love this stuff, though I don't have the chops to truly understand it.
    inthegarden likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

So it is not going to really start until March. I dvr'd the show so I guess I don't have to rush to watch it before next weeks show now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Love this stuff, though I don't have the chops to truly understand it.
    ^ Me too We watched it (mostly cuz there isn't/wasn't anything else new to DVR this week). I liked it, my husband got impatient with it. Loved how everything was 'tied up' and ended up 'connected' at the end. I'll give it another shot when it comes back.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We finally had a chance to watch the show and I love it!! I buy into the all things happen for a reason and right place/right time school of thinking, so this is right up my alley. I got goosebumps when things started flowing together - when the pictures played on the jumbotron, when Man in Black saved the kids on the bus (Brooks, could this be where you know him from?) and when you hear Kiefer in the background on that phone call (didn't see that one coming).

March seems so long from now - but in fairness to FOX, this is what they did with Glee - previewed it in May and then premiered it in the fall - so why not try it with Kiefer's new show.... but I don't mind - I'm just excited that Kiefer's going to be back on TV AND that he's in such a cool new show!!
    Ellen and ButterflyFaery like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Did anyone watch the second episode? I watched it and thought it was as great as the first. I really hope this show does well!! ((fingers crossed))
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I watched... loved both episodes! I like how everything ties in together and so far, every single storyline has kept my interest. I didn't mentally tune out when certain characters came on the screen. I hope it sticks around.

on DVR...plan to watch

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    I watched... loved both episodes! I like how everything ties in together and so far, every single storyline has kept my interest. I didn't mentally tune out when certain characters came on the screen. I hope it sticks around.
    My only problem is that I want to FFwd to the end of the show to see how everything ties together!
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Good thing I never became a parent. That kid works my last nerve.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! that kid is a bit tiresome.

i wish i had known abt this show in jan. i really like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Good thing I never became a parent. That kid works my last nerve.
    Ellen likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast