+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Finder (Thurs 9PM on Fox)

The Finder (Thurs 9PM on Fox)

Gotta admit I'm on the fence about this series.
    But I LOVE (and I normally don't do all caps) Michael Clarke Duncan, so I'll give it a shot.

What do you guys think?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Re: The Finder (Thurs 9PM on Fox)

Interesting first episode this show reminds me a lot of USA's Pysch.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yes it does and that is why I'm also on the fence. IF the psychologist had stayed around as a backdrop painter, then maybe it would have more depth. The stolen car story was dropped - I mean really, the kid is going to rat out the probationary blonde chick so why not follow that through? Probably because that was a useless storyline other than to give her some depth. Anyway...I'll see.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Yes it does and that is why I'm also on the fence. IF the psychologist had stayed around as a backdrop painter, then maybe it would have more depth. The stolen car story was dropped - I mean really, the kid is going to rat out the probationary blonde chick so why not follow that through? Probably because that was a useless storyline other than to give her some depth. Anyway...I'll see.
    Well, the trouble is the cops found the rich kid's wallet in a car of someone he knows and that is direct evidence. Regardless of what the rich kid says they have him and a direct link from him to the car. The have never seen the gypsy girl and to the cops this is such an easy open and shut case do you really think they will go the extra mile to dust the car for prints especially since the rich kid was the last one driving and his prints on the steering wheel prove that if they even bother to dust for prints.

I do wonder though when Walter was hypnotized and he was telling the shrink how to open his vault and then the shrink told him to forget it, will the writers follow through on that and have Walter forget how to open his vault?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Gotta admit — I'm on the fence about this series.
    But I LOVE (and I normally don't do all caps) Michael Clarke Duncan, so I'll give it a shot.

What do you guys think?
    I like MCD, but even he might not be enough to keep me watching. I liked Saffron Burrows in the pilot, so I wasn't happy that she was replaced. Not sure about the girl living in the trailer. I don't think the lead actor is strong enough to, well, lead a show, even though I like him. Basically, I'm watching it because I don't watch Grey's Anatomy any more. I'll give it a chance because I don't watch anything else at that time. I hope it will get better, but I'll probably always wish Bones was on instead.

I didn't buy that a bullet would still be in that billboard so many years later. That was a bit too contrived, even for me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm so glad to see mixed reviews because I feel the same way. I had high hopes for it when they ran the pilot last year. However, between the pilot and the premiere too much tinkering happened (Harry's Law, anyone). They also seem to have made the lead even more out there. The stories, so far, aren't keeping me interested either. I'm not sure how many more I'll give it.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I like MCD, but even he might not be enough to keep me watching. I liked Saffron Burrows in the pilot, so I wasn't happy that she was replaced. Not sure about the girl living in the trailer. I don't think the lead actor is strong enough to, well, lead a show, even though I like him. Basically, I'm watching it because I don't watch Grey's Anatomy any more. I'll give it a chance because I don't watch anything else at that time. I hope it will get better, but I'll probably always wish Bones was on instead.

I didn't buy that a bullet would still be in that billboard so many years later. That was a bit too contrived, even for me.

Or that the billboard would have been there for 20 yrs.

OTOH I could see the billboard being there for 20 yrs but it would have had newer advertisements plastered over what had been there and they would have had to dig for it.

Really, Michael? Yuck.
    Michael Clarke Duncan And Omarosa Dating: Actor Discusses Relationship On 'The Talk' (VIDEO)

I enjoyed this week's episode, but I'm watching an episode of Bones on TNT right now because I miss it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Really, Michael? Yuck.
    Michael Clarke Duncan And Omarosa Dating: Actor Discusses Relationship On 'The Talk' (VIDEO)

I enjoyed this week's episode, but I'm watching an episode of Bones on TNT right now because I miss it.
    Boy really, really hope this isn't true.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast