+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Alcatraz

Re: Alcatraz

I am starting to think that this entire thing will be a huge causality loop. It is probably going to turn out that the reason all this is happening is because of what is going on now. The people behind all this happening are Emerson's bosses. It might not be the case now, but in the future they determine there is a reason to do all of this, so they go back in the past... The reason the Alcatraz key was needed in the first episode is probably because they need it in the past to do something to make this all come about.

Not like Lost hasn't gone down that path before.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I agree, the violence is at an unnecessary level. The hardest for me to watch were some of the scenes with the boy, like at the lake.
    When it came to those scenes, I went into the kitchen to get a drink--I didnt want to see what I thought would be the boy's death! Releived when I saw him still alive in the next scene.

It's funny because I usually dislike graphic violence in film immensely. I don't watch horror or slasher shows and, for me, the battle scenes in Lord of the Rings were the least enjoyable part of one of my all time favorite epics. But, that was how Alcatraz was back in the day and the story and performances are enough for me to get past that, which is not the case with Grimm. I'm definitely going to stick with it for the time being.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The only redeeming quality about this most recent episode was the connection between the kid and Soto (Jorge Garcia).

I think the blood has something to do with it too Butterfly and I also agree that we'll probably see the guy who killed his little brother again, despite having been killed by a shot to the head.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I finally got around to watching the 2 hour premier, after watching the 2nd episode first. Remind me never to do that again.
    I had no idea what was going on in ep 2. So many things, including the characters, didn't make much sense. Now I understand. The premier explained so much.
    I have ep 2 on tape, so I'll watch it again.
    I couldn't help but notice a few things. The background music & sound effects sounded like Lost's music. Also, the similarities in the hatches & underground complexes. In ep 2, even the convict took the boy to an underground hatch. The writers must have a thing about those.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

The violence didn't bother me because it was true to the situation. Nothing bugs me more than knowing that something is toned down, like hard-boiled cops saying "Gosh darnit!" If it's too glaring like that, it pulls me out of the story. What bothered me about the beating in the yard was the corruption of the guards and warden, who let it happen.

I really enjoyed the second episode and I think the show is getting better, which gives me hope. I LOVE Jorge in this part! I'm enjoying his partnership with Rebecca. I liked that we learned some more about Soto and why he reacted so strongly to that kidnapping. I'm looking forward to seeing where the show goes. Based on this week's episode, I think I'm on board for the rest of the season!
    Ellen, march and Katydyd like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The violence didn't bother me because it was true to the situation. Nothing bugs me more than knowing that something is toned down, like hard-boiled cops saying "Gosh darnit!" If it's too glaring like that, it pulls me out of the story. What bothered me about the beating in the yard was the corruption of the guards and warden, who let it happen.

I really enjoyed the second episode and I think the show is getting better, which gives me hope. I LOVE Jorge in this part! I'm enjoying his partnership with Rebecca. I liked that we learned some more about Soto and why he reacted so strongly to that kidnapping. I'm looking forward to seeing where the show goes. Based on this week's episode, I think I'm on board for the rest of the season!
    even today thats the way child killers and molesters are treated in Jail and prision...its not so much as corruption as they just turn away from people who beat the crap out of those that hurt children...thats why in many prison's these inmates have to be kept seperated or else most of them would be dead...do I feel sorry for someone who gets their tale stomped on in prison after he has killed or molested a child...nope sure don't but it seems to be one of the few things all prisoners agree on they don't like them at all
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I can't decide if this is funny or sad. It was probably inevitable:

"Alcatraz" TV Show Delusional Fans Trying to Break In to Prison

Some fans of the TV show "Alcatraz" aren't so bright -- because they're infiltrating guided tours on the real-life island to search for a top secret room ... that only exists on the scripted drama!

National Parks Service rep Alexandra Picavet tells TMZ ... tourists are starting to stray from their tours and sneak into "closed areas" on the former federal prison.

Picavet says many of the not-so-super sleuths have confessed they're looking for a high tech control room (below) ... described on the show as a "bat-cave underneath Alcatraz."

Keep in mind the show just debuted last week. Crazy spreads quickly.

Picavet says they've now posted the following sign on the island: "The TV show Alcatraz is fictional, many areas it depicts are not real. Closed areas protect you, historic structures and nesting birds."

Parks Service peeps assure us the room doesn't exist. They also say the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy aren't real, so ... believe what you want.
    'Alcatraz' TV Show -- Delusional Fans Trying to Break In to Prison | TMZ.com
    pfeifferdcat likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What morons!!

Hadn't Alcatraz tours stopped for a while? I thought they stopped having them because of the damage tourists were causing to the site.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I like the show, but it has a lot in common with the show The 4400.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

+ Reply to Thread