+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Alcatraz

Re: Alcatraz

And since it seems like every week will be another inmate out for revenge
    See, this is not what I think is happening. I think the inmates, while there is some revenge/reason they are a criminal element, have also been "programmed" so to speak to do something else. Remember the first inmate Jack, went and killed that Flynn guy and made him open the safe and give him that key in the bag. Why? He didn't know that guy. That guy wouldn't have even been born (or was a child) when Jack was in Alcatraz. And why did that guy have a key that was clearly a key from Alcatraz (as shown when they used a similar key to open the back door when the sniper guy went to see the warden in his flashback)?.

I will give it a chance also but like Critical, if it becomes too convoluted or too contrived, I will likely end up skipping it.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    See, this is not what I think is happening. I think the inmates, while there is some revenge/reason they are a criminal element, have also been "programmed" so to speak to do something else
    I definitely agree. I think the sniper guy was supposed to shoot Lucy. He clearly knew they were coming. Who tipped him off and why? Hauser was obviously concerned about Lucy, but maybe there was more to it than just concern over a colleague...lover?....being shot. Maybe he was just as concerned with why she was shot. Or, maybe I'm just over thinking I wasn't a Lost fan, but I did love Heroes, so I definitely share the worry that things could go downhill fast. But I'm going to enjoy it for as long as it keeps up like this. I have to figure that there is a learning curve, and maybe JJ Abrams learned from the things that didn't work with Lost, just as much as from the things that did
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Ahhhh.... well, if there's a bigger picture than just putting an inmate away each week, I'd like that better. I mean, I wasn't really expecting all the senseless killings. I figured these guys would be hardened but cold-blooded killers? Not my cup of tea.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

what I am seeing is almost like Jason Bourne movies they have re programmed these guys into doing these things but who and what are behind it..who knows at this point...but once they were re programmed where did they go...can't be a medical induced coma cause they would still age so the only thing I can think of is that they put them on ice for 50 years..any other thoughts
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    what I am seeing is almost like Jason Bourne movies they have re programmed these guys into doing these things but who and what are behind it..who knows at this point...but once they were re programmed where did they go...can't be a medical induced coma cause they would still age so the only thing I can think of is that they put them on ice for 50 years..any other thoughts
    We're ALL dead and in purgatory?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    It was all a dream?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    the doctor taking all that blood maybe there clones

I wonder if Jorge is doing that actual drawing??? anyone know

I am finding the prison scenes where they are beaten and tortured hard to watch. That warden is such a sick puck, it makes the tone of the show darker than it should be. The first prisoner that came back wasnt even dangerous until he spent time in that prison.
    That guy they brought in in a body bag, is probably going to be re-animated. The gray haired guy who runs the retrieval program was going to let that child die before apprehending the bad guy--how does that fit into his agenda?

I agree, the violence is at an unnecessary level. The hardest for me to watch were some of the scenes with the boy, like at the lake.

+ Reply to Thread