+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Alcatraz

Re: Alcatraz

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    It gripped me from the opening scene, just as Lost did. It's got me curious as to back stories and which characters will turn out to be good, bad, or mixed. Since I don't watch The Bachelor, this was a no-brainer for me and from what I saw last night, I'll continue to watch.

For those who missed any of it, the show will repeat on Saturday night. I plan to watch again for things I know I may have missed.
    I am happy to hear this I thought I had recorded it, and I had not!! thank you

I think I read that they filmed some of it in Alcatraz, but then they ended up building a whole new Alcatraz in Vancouver.
    I really liked it & will watch again.
    I don't think Hauser's character is "good" & I can't wait to see what's up with Lucy's character. I didn't see her twist coming at all! Interesting that Hauser's character told her, you always wanted kids, made me think they were involved, but then I thought he's too old for her, but maybe not!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I want to watch it back for Hurley-isms Diego-isms, such as his line about getting a "…Second-Amendment contact high" in the gun shop.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Loved this show! I have to say Network TV is really stepping up to the plate this year with good, solid, original programming. I was one of the 6 people in the US that just couldn't get into "Lost," but this one had me hooked instantly. And the Lucy twist at the end of episode 2, totally threw me for a loop. I love the format where there is a "criminal of the week" but so much more going on! OMG the questions.....!!! The Alcatraz sets, old and "new," are great, and the cast is very good. It took me a minute as well to warm up to the lead girl, but I really like the fact that she is "normal pretty." She actually looks like she could be an attractive female officer (yeah, kinda young for a decetive, but I won't quibble) in Anytown, USA. Both actors they got for the Alcatraz criminals were stellar, and I'll be interested to see if we continue to see more of them. I really liked how in the second episode, they showed the scene with Jack and his wife from the other inmate's point of view. And, I'll be curious to see what they do with "grandpa." Did you all catch that he was the other inmate (#2002) next to Jack in the Alcatraz infirmary that warned him really bad things were going on? So excited for next Monday! Sorry Bachelor Ben, you are going to have to choose this season's lucky soon to be ex-fiance without me!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I love the format where there is a "criminal of the week"
    I'm not sure I care for it, if the level of blood and gore keeps up. Besides, at the rate folks are getting mowed down in San Francisco, there may not be too many seasons available, LOL.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I enjoyed it and I too am doing some searching for a way to fit everything from Monday night onto the dvr. Looks like episodes MIGHT repeat on Saturday night.

I am a sucker for a handsome face and with Jack looking like he could be the little brother of Alex O'Loughlin, I am hooked!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Thanks for the info on location. I did find out that some of it was filmed at the prison and in San Francisco but the bulk was filmed in Vancouver because it was cheaper.

Loved it. It caught my attention and left me wanting more. When do the officers come back? Where did they go? I love it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm not crazy about it - too much senseless shooting for my taste. I don't mind shows like 24 or Alias where they're chasing bad guys and stuff happens but to spend an hour watching a sniper randomly take out people for no reason, that's just not my forte. And since it seems like every week will be another inmate out for revenge, IDK how much longer I'll watch. And I was really hoping I'd like it.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I enjoyed it...cautiously. I was a big fan of Lost for the first few seasons and then it just got too gimmicky and convoluted. Like the writers kept saying "Shoot, we just painted ourselves into a corner with that one. How do we get out of it?" I'll definitely keep watching, but I'm going to try to not get too attached.

I like Sam Neil a lot and I was so happy to see Parminder Nagra. I loved her in er and Bend it Like Beckham. All through the show, I couldn't figure out where I knew the lead actress from and then I realized she was on Sons of Anarchy. Hopefully, her character on this show won't be so horrid!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread