+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 2012 Golden Globe Awards

FORT Fogey

Re: 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Tony Danza, I mean Matt LeBlanc, was previously nominated for Joey? The show Joey, not the character? How did that happen?

We still have over an hour left, and it feels like nothing has really happened yet. I remember liking last year's broadcast better.

Blech, hate Bradley Cooper's Snidely Whiplash 'stache. Mo-vember is over, dude.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

I liked Emily Blunt's dress too, but I wish she'd one something more interesting with her hair.

Okay, Octavia is also a plus size woman, and while I don't like the color of her dress, it has a shape. That's the problem with Melissa's dress. It has no shape and does zip for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Wow. Alan Ruck. I wonder what he's up to now?
    Apparently he has a movie in post-production that co-stars Bill Paxton, which means I'll be seeing it at some point.

Matt LeBlanc. Wow. I guess I'll have to hunt down Episodes now!
    I'm going to have to be looking those up myself.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I don't know about the requirements for a foreign film nomination - they might differ between the GG and the Oscars. Angelina's movie is all in Bosnian/Serbian.

Best Supporting Actress (can anyone beat Octavia?)

Octavia! So happy to see her getting recognized after so many years in the business!

They still have the Cecil B. DeMille award, the Best Actor and Actress, Best Movie, Best Director, Best Comedy.....can't think of what else.....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Joey Tribbiani wins a Golden Globe. . And the earlier Tony Danza comment? Spot on.
    And Joey gets to keep this one, as opposed to that Soap Opera Digest award.....
    libgirl2 likes this.

Renee Witherspoon's dress is too tight at the knees and her hair looks like she's just gotten up.
    Happily married to my 1st husband
    Scrapbooking Queen

I can't quite buy Reese Witherspoon's bombshell look. She looks like she's in costume for a role.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Sidney Poitier
    Florimel and Moontat like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I can't quite buy Reese Witherspoon's bombshell look. She looks like she's in costume for a role.
    That's because she is not a sexy woman. Mr. Rattus and I have concluded, after seeing her in many films over the years, that she has sexual chemistry with no one, because she is a soccer mom at heart and in appearance.
    AJane likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread