+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 2012 Golden Globe Awards

FORT Fogey

Re: 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Yikes. Elton didn't seem to like the "Queen of Pop...no, not you, sit down Elton" joke. Madonna seems to think she's funny. Um, not so much.

I only got to see one epi of American Horror Story, but Jessica Lange was pretty darn good in it. Have to wait for the DVDs.

Clearly, Ricky Gervais did not write the truly awful presenter "jokes".
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Jessica Lange won for King Kong? Seriously? Why?

Jessica needs a stylist. I don't care that she's looking older, but she's looking a bit messy, and the dress really does nothing for her.
    It was for Best Acting Debut - a category that was so popular that it doesn't exist any more! She did win, deservedly, for Tootsie.

She's another one up for the Dragged Through a Hedge Award with that hair.

Why are we being subjected to Madonna again? The bodice on that gown is TOO tight. It's not flattering, honey.

Ricky running across the stage behind Madonna =

Best Foreign Film is......A Separation. Even the Hollywood Foreign Press isn't so corrupt that they'd give award to Angelina. She'd probably be the first to admit that she wouldn't deserve it.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Dustin Hoffman

Best Actress TV Drama.....(hoping for Claire or Julianna)

Claire Danes! Huh, where's her husband?

ETA: Aw, is Mandy Patinkin getting weepy? I love him so much.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I had to go to IMDB because I saw Alan Ruck sitting with Mirielle Enos - turns out they've been married for four years.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

It occurs to me, as I have not heard of so many of these movies or even programs, that I don't watch very much TV or go to or rent movies. When True Blood, Dexter, and Walking Dead end their seasons, I only seem to glance up for the odd sitcom & Stewart & Colbert. Thank god for books and Angry Birds.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It was for Best Acting Debut - a category that was so popular that it doesn't exist any more! She did win, deservedly, for Tootsie.

She's another one up for the Dragged Through a Hedge Award with that hair.

Why are we being subjected to Madonna again? The bodice on that gown is TOO tight. It's not flattering, honey.

Ricky running across the stage behind Madonna =

Best Foreign Film is......A Separation. Even the Hollywood Foreign Press isn't so corrupt that they'd give award to Angelina. She'd probably be the first to admit that she wouldn't deserve it.
    Don't get me wrong--I think Jessica Lange can act. But King Kong wasn't her finest moment. It wasn't anyone's finest moment. That's what confused me. Well, her hair confused me too, but that's a different story. Again, I don't care that it wasn't a perfect look, but I do care that it appears that she didn't even comb it.

ITA about the bodice of Madonna's dress. The way it's pressing into her bosom actually looks painful.

I couldn't figure out the nomination for Angelina's film in best foreign language film, or any film from the USA being in that category. Anybody know how films end up in the best foreign language film category? By foreign language, do they just mean any film where the dominant spoken language isn't English, regardless of where the film's made or by whom?
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I had to go to IMDB because I saw Alan Ruck sitting with Mirielle Enos - turns out they've been married for four years.
    Wow. Alan Ruck. I wonder what he's up to now?

Funny when you find out who's married to who sometimes. I was watching an interview with Jim Carter (Carson on Downton Abbey) and thought I saw Imelda Staunton standing nearby. Turns out they've been married since, I think, 1983!

Love Emily Blunt's dress! Not many people could pull off that color. D@mn, even a tiny clip of Melissa McCarthy from Bridesmaids has me giggling.

Best Actor TV Comedy (and where the heck is Jim Parsons?)......

Matt LeBlanc. Wow. I guess I'll have to hunt down Episodes now!

Wow. I'm actually happy for Matt Leblanc. He seems like a nice guy and that seems like a good enough reason to win a Golden Globe.
    Florimel likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Joey Tribbiani wins a Golden Globe. . And the earlier Tony Danza comment? Spot on.

+ Reply to Thread