+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Re: 2012 Golden Globe Awards

I'm here, but I haven't seen any of the winning shows/movies yet. A lot of them are on my list, though.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Fort Member

I'm here too but as I am at work so all I can see are the pictures of the red carpet
    I keep checking back here to see whats happening

Well, I HIGHLY recommend Beginners and, of course, Downton Abbey, which I think is available streaming on Netflix now.

Jeremy Irons is still so dashing. I love him. Can't wait for The Borgias to come back!

I'm not positive, but I don't think Nicole Kidman can move her face at all. Also, could Madonna's face lift be more obvious? All that's missing are the stitches.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I'm sort of half-watching, really more in case someone wears or says something outrageous. So far, not much, though I did rather like Christopher Plummer thanking someone for the "religiously full martinis."

I'm really chiming in to reiterate what everyone's saying about Kelly Obsourne's hair. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who just doesn't get it. Greyish blue? Like the color old ladies used to dye their hair? It ages her--and in an extremely unattractive, dated way. The blonde, shorter 'do made her look peppier and livelier, which seems more in keeping with her personality, but if she wanted to try a different color, fine--but why that color?

Wow Actor in a TV series Drama is already up. Will anyone be able to beat Bryan Cranston? Probably not. Fingers crossed for Damian Lewis!

Kelsey Grammer? WTF? Ick. Mute button.....
    Florimel and AmyKay like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Anybody but Grammer!!!

Damn! Really? Against Jeremy Irons?
    Florimel likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

TV series Drama already? GOT or Homeland for the win (sentimentally, GOT)....

Homeland! I hope more people will watch now!

ETA: Rattus - I felt the same way - ANYONE but Grammer. He makes my skin crawl. I love Jeremy Irons, but I was rooting for Damian Lewis.
    Many Patinkin shaved - you know it's a big occasion! Claire Danes looks stunning.

FORT Fogey

I realize Melissa McCarthy is a plus-sized woman, but her gown tonight and at least year's Emmys...ick. Can't they come up with something a little more stylish for her?

Not thrilled at so many black and white gowns tonight either. I like some color, and aside from a few red dresses, I'm not seeing much (okay, except for the bright yellow on the current presenter).

Oh, and does anyone else think Matt LeBlanc is starting to look like Tony Danza?

I love Damian Lewis also, but I haven't seen Homeland and I thought that Jeremy Irons was fantastic in The Borgias. And all that aside, while Kelsey Grammer has a wonderful voice for cartoons, I don't think that he's much of an actor. Everything he does is just a little too bombastic. When you're doing television, you don't play to the back of the theatre.
    Florimel likes this.

You MUST see Homeland! It's so unbelievably good. I think it's the best new drama on TV and Damian is SO good in it.

Kelsey Grammer's acting style is bombastic. I think he's just creepy and gross. He keeps discarding wives and getting younger ones. I don't know why any woman would find him attractive even with all of the money. For me, there isn't enough money in the world. Yuck.

Best Score goes to The Artist (man, I need to see that movie!) and Best Song goes to Madonna? WTH?

+ Reply to Thread