+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Firm

Re: The Firm

I'm watching it OnDemand and am enjoying it. I've never been a Tom Cruise fan and he was terrible casting, if you read the book. I really like Josh Lucas a lot and he's much closer to what I imagined when I read the book. I'm not the biggest Grisham fan (they all sort of blend together), but I think it's an interesting premise. I do wonder how long they can keep this up. Will Mitch ALWAYS be running? It wouldn't be as exciting if they just went into Witness Protection again, but it seems like the mob will eventually catch up with him.

I'm hot and cold on Juliette Lewis, but I think she's a good re-imagining of Holly Hunter's Tammy. The new Ray seems a bit more dangerous than David Strathairn's. I love DS, but I'll admit that he never felt like a felon to me.

I'm definitely going to keep watching. I like the main four actors in their roles and I'm curious to see how they handle the plot set-up in the long term.....that is if the ratings are good enough and they get the chance!
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I agree Crit, never like Tom as Mitch. I am a huge Josh fan.. and am liking this. Not feeling his wife however.
    french dip and Coco46 like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I like the actress, but she definitely isn't what I pictured. I thought Jeanne Tripplehorn was all wrong too and not a very good actress. This one is an improvement over JT - she can act and isn't so cold. JT just felt cold and emotionless and she had zero chemistry with Tom Cruise.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Again, agree. But I think in the case of this actress I can't help but thinking of her on Swingtown.. Molly Parker is a good actress, and yes, much better than Tripplehorn.. however their is some kind of disconnect with her an Lucas maybe. I like her better in scenes with Juliette Lewis. Who I DO like as Tammy as I never was able to warm up to Holly Hunter, her mouth gets to me.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Also, how the heck does Molly Parker's character have that much time away from her teaching job? It seems like she is always around the office during the day when she should probably be at work!

Well I am certainly hooked and happily surprised that I am liking it as I am John Grisham junkie. I don't get the whole teacher free time thing as I am not even home from work yet, dinner break, and I am a teacher.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fan

I like the show, but the wife to me is so unattractive that I don't even like seeing the two of them together.
    french dip and Coco46 like this.

I noticed on the latest episode that they maybe tried to soften Molly Parker's hair making her look slightly more attractive. Idk, maybe it's just me.
    I did not like the plot for the latest episode, thought too many questions were left unanswered.
    But I am intriqued by what will happen to make hit men come to their house in the middle of the night. What did he uncover??

I have been watching the Saturday night episodes and I think they jumped the gun cancelling this show as early as they did. It is getting better with each new show.

FORT Fanatic

I like this show too. I wish it had not been cancelled, I would have liked to see the story line for next season. I only watch it On Demand. I don't even know when it regularly airs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast