+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: House of Lies (Showtime)

Re: House of Lies (Showtime)

I'm catching up on episodes this week! I completely dropped the ball on watching, so I've been watching a bunch all at once. I like the little moments were Marty talks to the camera. It took me a few episodes to get used to it, but now I enjoy it.

Thanks to Craig Ferguson, I keep calling it "House of Pies."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I've gotten used to the moments Marty talks to the audience. What I really like are the moments when the facade is dropped and there's a real humanity to the characters, like when Jeannie gets freaked out about picking a wedding cake and when Marty reacts to his ex saying she's going for custody of Roscoe. Those grace notes of realism are the foundation that holds the otherwise crazy work life together. Though I do like the crazy--Doug & Clyde fighting in the fountain was hilarious.
    buttahfly likes this.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

The show is brilliant! If you are watching it, you should!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12