+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The NEW CBS Morning Show w/Charlie Rose

FORT Fogey

Re: The NEW CBS Morning Show w/Charlie Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like what I like, We have choices.
    You're entitled. That's not the issue. The issue is that if it were not for Oprah, she would still be reading the news in a small TV station in Hartford, CT.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    You're entitled. That's not the issue. The issue is that if it were not for Oprah, she would still be reading the news in a small TV station in Hartford, CT.
    If you say so.Sounds like a put down, I dont feel that way however.

I tend to not watch anything but local morning news. I watched the Today for a while, but when I lost cable my NBC didnt come in so good so I would watch The Early Show and grew to love it, this was a couple years ago- in the Harry Smith days. After they did dirty and got rid of him with little to no warning I just cant watch, and I have cable now anyway so I find something else in the mornings. I like Charlie Rose, but I see the Gayle thing as a grab at ratings once they realized the other line up wasnt working.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

The set is a distraction for me. It is too busy. I don't like the round clear table and I don't like looking at their backs while they are talking.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 01-13-2012 at 10:18 AM.

FORT Fogey

I agree with a lot of you. Gayle brings nothing new to the show.....amazing that the power-to-be actually thought she would be an attraction for them

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I agree with a lot of you. Gayle brings nothing new to the show.....amazing that the power-to-be actually thought she would be an attraction for them
    This is what I can't understand. You know they have focus groups that they bring in and throw their pitch and ask these people what they think of the plan, anchors, format, etc. IF they brought in about 100 people, I would imagine that at least 80 of them would have said, "Hey, this is not a good idea," AND even if they proceeded and started practicing, wouldn't they have had some executives sit in on a practice session and watch? Wouldn't they have said, NOT so fast. This doesn't look like we expected and we need to revamp it.

I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    The set is a distraction for me. It is too busy. I don't like the round clear table and I don't like looking at their backs while they are talking.
    I dont like the set. I find most new sets are going this way,hate it

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont like the set. I find most new sets are going this way,hate it
    The CNN Morning News is also set up on a round table. CNN's is not as confusing for some reason, however, I can't stand to watch it because of the head female anchor there. I'll have to see who she is, but she is a real meanie. Man, she acts like she's going to take a chain saw and demolish the place. She's a cold lady to say the least. Why's she so angry? Anyone else notice? Check her out. I'll look for her name. At least the people at CBS aren't mean like this woman.

Her name is Soledad O'Brien. I don't know anything about her agenda, but she is just plain hateful. She acts that way about most everything. I have heard several people speak up to her about it. I guess she thinks she's great coming off as a hard asp. We'll see.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-17-2012 at 11:48 AM.

I don't like it. I was watching The early Show on CBS back when Harry Smith was on it and never got why they let him go. I eventually got used to Chris Wragge. I did notice that every morning for the last few weeks of the Early Show, Crhis Wragge was 'off today'. I don't particularly like Charlie Rose. I don't really like this new show much at all and I might have to flip over to the Today show instead.

If you do like it, please do not take my dislike of it personally

I have been trying to watch this show more lately. I must say that it has grown on me. I think it's improving. Still, Gayle King can say some very odd things. Just recently she has said someone was stupid with a double o and that they were cuckoo as Cocoa puffs. I'm NOT kidding!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123