+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The NEW CBS Morning Show w/Charlie Rose

Re: The NEW CBS Morning Show w/Charlie Rose

I like it. Gayle has been in the business for years, nothing to do with being O's
    BFF imnsho. But I am enjoying it. I am not too critical, and take it for what it is I guess.My gf didnt want to like due to Gayle but ended up liking it
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like it. Gayle has been in the business for years, nothing to do with being O's
    BFF imnsho. But I am enjoying it. I am not too critical, and take it for what it is I guess.My gf didnt want to like due to Gayle but ended up liking it
    Good. I'm glad some people like it. I would like for it to do well. I just can't get into it. I have nothing against Gayle. I like her, but I just think they needed a very top notch, heavy hitter person to pull this off, especially with the odd format thing. It's quite confusing IMO.

Have you noticed GMA is playing rotating chairs again too? I won't even go into the changes since George came aboardd, but they had Ju Ju back today while the blonde bimbo (I'm blonde too so I can say that) is in Vegas playing silly games with Kris Jenner (gag me with a spoon). Who came up with that idea? George is also back to Sunday morning on his political show. It seems the decision makers for morning news at the 3 major networks have lost their minds. What's wrong with them?

FORT Fogey

I also thought the Gayle getting the Mrs.Obama interview smacked so much of O's support of the Mr. in the last election ( and maybe this one)
    Debb70 likes this.

Yeah, I guess Gayle had connections and that's why she got the Michelle Obama interview, but it just wasn't that interesting to me. I support the President, but have no real interest in these series of interviews Gayle did. The First Ladies' activities in helping kids is great, but I've already seen it. It's done already. Something else would have been more appealing for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, I guess Gayle had connections and that's why she got the Michelle Obama interview, but it just wasn't that interesting to me. I support the President, but have no real interest in these series of interviews Gayle did. The First Ladies' activities in helping kids is great, but I've already seen it. It's done already. Something else would have been more appealing for my taste.
    Like what.??

Like what.??
    I would like to see more of Bill Clinton. He is fascinating in an interview and has much to say. I am very interested in his project of bringing wireless broadban to rural areas. I have heard him speak of it briefly. IMO it's a big deal. I don't think many people realize how many people in rural areas of the US have little if any reception for cell phones or internet. I have family and friends who suffer with this problem and nobody seems to care. I have reported it to all major companies for years and they do nothing. O.K, i"ll get off that soapbox.

I would like to see Hillary Clinton too, but I realize she may be too busy to be interviewed.

Warrent Buffett might be interesting too.

Valerie Plame, she's the lady who was outed as a CIA agent a few years ago by a Bush Adm. officer. There is currently a movie about it. I think it's called Fair Game. I would like to know what happened to her since she left D.C. with her family.

I'd like to see an indepth piece with interviews about the church of Scientololgy. You hear so many crazy stories. I'd like to get some straight answers from people who look right into the camera.

I am not a huge fan of the Clinton's, but they do very good work. (Heck even Bush is doing some good work.) So I wouldnt want them to be interviewed, I know all I need to know. I think Gayle had Michelle Obama on, as this is election year. They need to be front and center. As for Scientology, they dont talk about it, they never have or do. I have read a few books on it, its quite fascinating as far as religions go.I dont think you are any kind of soapbox, these are your thoughts and opinions. Perhaps you need to email them and keep emailing them. I often do that until receive a reply.

FORT Fogey

BFF imnsho.
    But I am enjoying it. I am not too critical, and take it for what it is I guess.My gf didnt want to like due to Gayle but ended up liking it
    Oh, but I must disagree. I was a journalist for 25+ years, and I know that in broadcast media, when someone is a news anchor for 18 years in the same small market, their career is stalled and not going anywhere. That usually happens for a reason, and that reason is definitely not that they are exactly topnotch material! Gayle was a news anchor in Hartford, CT for 18 years until BFF Oprah rescued her and made her "editor-at-large" of Oprah magazine. That title doesn't mean much at a magazine in terms of skill sets. Every talk show she's been on, the main line of questioning and discussion centers around her friendship with Oprah. Maybe she'll have more to do on CBS and show whatever true talent she might have, though. I'm willing to watch objectively and see.

I like what I like, We have choices.

I really have no plans to change from the TODAY Show until someone comes on here and tells me THIS show has to be watched.

I watched Gayle on Oprah's show (or attempted to) and she was a complete bore. I am sorry but I gave it several attempts but Gayle was just blah blah blah to me.

Gayle is where she IS because of Oprah. Period.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast