+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Three Inches (SyFy Channel)

Three Inches (SyFy Channel)

This quirky new "we are a team" show premiered last night, Dec. 29th, and I liked it even though it is similar to the hit Syfy from last year whose name escapes me. Basically, each team member has a power and the team leader is ex-army intelligence who takes on contracts. The story follows the newest member who gained his power after being struck with lightning.

The premiere was fun - especially the first of the two hours and the hero's mom is hysterical. I think it is worth a second look and I've set it to series record on my DVR.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Three Inches (SyFy Channel)

Arielflies, you really need to read the last couple of posts in the "New TV Shows for Fall 2011".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thanks for all your research, Bearcata. Wow...as mentioned the tone is lighter than Alphas and I could see it being worked into a sitcom type of show because of the humor. Sorry I got all excited before reading those last three posts. Oh, well. I think I'm going to put this one time showing on on disc just because I like it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Looked for it on my dvr and couldn't find it ...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I watched it and found it entertaining. Not the best of the sci fi shows, but I'll watch if they put it on the regular schedule. I particularly enjoyed seeing Julian Richings (the insect guy), who is a good actor and whom I remember as a member of Tim Hutton's repertory company for Nero Wolfe. However, his bio shows he's also part of the Lost Girl cast, so I don't know if he'll do both. On the other hand, I don't see Three Inches listed among the SyFy shows, but maybe it's scheduled as a summer release.

I'll spoiler my guesswork just in case, but did anyone else think
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that Walt might be Peter's supposedly dead dad? I noticed they made mention a few times about Peter's father having died when he was three and I also noticed that he was not in the team photo Peter put in his bedroom. Thought perhaps that might be because his mom would recognize Walt.
    Or, is that just my wild imagination at work?
    Last edited by Florimel; 12-30-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Lost Girl already has two seasons in the can and they are working on season 3. Season 1 was 13 episodes and Season 2 was 14 episodes. With such short seasons I would think it would enable the actors to do multiple projects during the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I watched it and found it entertaining. Not the best of the sci fi shows, but I'll watch if they put it on the regular schedule. I particularly enjoyed seeing Julian Richings (the insect guy), who is a good actor and whom I remember as a member of Tim Hutton's repertory company for Nero Wolfe. However, his bio shows he's also part of the Lost Girl cast, so I don't know if he'll do both. On the other hand, I don't see Three Inches listed among the SyFy shows, but maybe it's scheduled as a summer release.

I'll spoiler my guesswork just in case, but did anyone else think
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that Walt might be Peter's supposedly dead dad? I noticed they made mention a few times about Peter's father having died when he was three and I also noticed that he was not in the team photo Peter put in his bedroom. Thought perhaps that might be because his mom would recognize Walt.
    Or, is that just my wild imagination at work?
    reply to spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Walt is the main character. Who is Peter? James Marsters's character is named Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    reply to spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Walt is the main character. Who is Peter? James Marsters's character is named Troy
    You're quite right, Bearcata. I'm sorry for my latest "dain bread" moment and did indeed mix up character names. My place is being painted, so I'll cop out and plead confusion due to paint smell. Nevertheless, I hope they will pick up the show at some point.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Well here is to hoping the SyFy execs do something smart for a change.

+ Reply to Thread