+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thank you, FireWoman, and you're welcome, Fanny Mare. I hope the audience for Sat. gets counted when they decide whether or not to keep a show.
    If it does, I will watch it both nights! Cant wait for tonight! it looks really good !

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

One of the guys in the ensemble last night, Bobby, reminded me of Mark from SYTYCD. I knew it wasn't him, and I checked IMDB to be sure, but he sure resembles him!

I'm glad I stuck with Smash. I wasn't too impressed with the premiere but I'm enjoying it more every week. It takes time to get to know the characters and get the show rolling but they have it going on now!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I wont miss it. I loved last night( and wished it were two hours long)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And yes, I thought Debra was being unnecessarily mean to the gofer kid, but apparently she'd spotted him as a sleazeball...
    I don't think she was mean enough. That kid is a little backstabbing weasel. It's only a matter of time before he really turns on Tom.

I have to say, I don't think there's a way for Karen to blend into the background and not pull focus. I know some posters here don't like Kat McPhee, but I think she's fabulous. She's a much better dancer than Megan Hilty. She may not have a better voice for Broadway (I happen to think she's got a great voice, but I know some disagree), but she's got IT.

I LOVE Angelica Huston in this part! The moment in the bedroom where she was looking at the Degas just killed me. I could feel her pain over giving it up.

For someone who is apparently so worldly as to how Broadway works, Ivy Lynn certainly is being naive about her "relationship" with Derek.
    FireWoman and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ivy comes off very insecure to me. The comment about how she wants to feel safe, well that to me screamed either daddy issues or low self esteem. I find her very pathetic and sad. I was not a fan of Kat Mcphee before this, but boy has that turned now. She is fantastic. I am really liking this show and glad I also stuck with it. Critical, I agree with you about Angelica Houston, that scene grabbed my heart strings. I forget what a phenomenal actress she is.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I too love Anjelica in this part.. but then again I have always loved her, to me she can do no wrong. I have to also give Kat McPhee credit.. she has grown, and can act a fair bit as well! I hate to admit that one reason I wanted to watch this show was because I have been a HUGE Will and Grace fan, but find myself disliking Debra Messing so much in here.. maybe that just goes to say shes a good actress and can play many roles.. who knows I am still on the fence about her.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

I'm a couple of shows behind and hope to catch up on them over the weekend, but I was also a huge Will and Grace fan, and I think Debra Messing is largely wasted in this part. She excels as a comedienne, with impeccable comedic timing, delivery, and physicality. Pretty much any halfway decent actress on the scene could be playing her role on this show.

I thought the guy and 2 girls were supposed to be showing Karen how to be part of the ensemble, yet when the were at the club and performed Karen was in front and the main focus.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    I thought the guy and 2 girls were supposed to be showing Karen how to be part of the ensemble, yet when the were at the club and performed Karen was in front and the main focus.
    I was confused by that as well. Why did they go through all the trouble of making a point to show us how they were helping her, then to immediately give her a spotlight number.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Ivy comes off very insecure to me. The comment about how she wants to feel safe, well that to me screamed either daddy issues or low self esteem. I find her very pathetic and sad. I was not a fan of Kat Mcphee before this, but boy has that turned now. She is fantastic. I am really liking this show and glad I also stuck with it. Critical, I agree with you about Angelica Houston, that scene grabbed my heart strings. I forget what a phenomenal actress she is.
    I thought Ivy was a case of life imitating art. She's portraying Marilyn in a musical and that's bringing out her own insecurities and daddy issues, just like Marilyn herself had.

I also was not a fan of Kat McPhee before this. I didn't care for her on American Idol so I wasn't sure how this show was going to go for me but I like her a lot better here! I think she's a very talented actress. I'm enjoying seeing this side of her.
    Last edited by pikachu; 03-01-2012 at 04:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread