+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I read an interview that said that the part of Marilyn
    Click to see Spoiler:
    keeps switching back and forth between Ivy and Karen. So they are going to keep us guessing for awhile.
    Thats what I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Thats what I thought!
    As did I. I think it will take the entire first season until a final decision is made.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I read an interview that said that the part of Marilyn
    Click to see Spoiler:
    keeps switching back and forth between Ivy and Karen. So they are going to keep us guessing for awhile.
    Also:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Uma Thurman is joining the cast for a few episodes, and she might also get the part
    Fanny Mare likes this.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    UGH. I can't believe they cast Ivy Lynn. It's going to be harder to watch this show now. I know Megan Hilty has a great voice, but I don't find her appealing at all. Plus, sleeping with the director is just wrong and unprofessional....even when he's as hot as Jack Davenport!
    Um, no... Whatever it takes. Kidding.
    I've not seen the episode yet but, based on the first one, Megan Hilty seems more suited to the role. But they'll probably have more twists and turns. Uma Thurman is going to be guest starring and next thing you know she'll have on the wig, a white dress and be standing over a grate...
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    UGH. I can't believe they cast Ivy Lynn. It's going to be harder to watch this show now. I know Megan Hilty has a great voice, but I don't find her appealing at all. Plus, sleeping with the director is just wrong and unprofessional....even when he's as hot as Jack Davenport! .
    The casting couch and sleeping with the director, producer, studio head, or their likes to get a role has been around for decades, maybe for centuries; it was very realistic. I assumed from the start that at least one of them would do that.
    its_glinda_now and Fanny Mare like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

No comments on Smash from last night? I watched it after The Voice since there was nothing else on and I was up playing games on Facebook.

I don't know that the guy they chose to play Joe DeMaggio was a whole lot like the real Joe. I'm not a sports fan so I don't know much about him. He was cute, though. I liked the song they had him and Marilyn sing together, "Mr. and Ms. Smith".

When the female writer kept babbling about "Marriage is a good thing" or something like that I thought those words were going to be in the song. If they were, I missed it.

I have to wonder if a Marilyn musical featuring these songs and scenes will be coming out after Smash. Or maybe it already exists and the show is based on the musical. I think I'd like to see it if it came to my area!

I haven't watch it yet because Castle is always what I watch first, but I'll watch Smash sometime this week On Demand along with Hawaii Five-0, which I recorded. Three of my must-see shows aired at the same time really bothers me because there are so many times when I have just nothing to watch.

I ended up recording it. I will watch it tonight

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    The casting couch and sleeping with the director, producer, studio head, or their likes to get a role has been around for decades, maybe for centuries; it was very realistic. I assumed from the start that at least one of them would do that.
    Yeah, it's been around awhile, but it's very cliche and I was hoping that they wouldn't travel down this very obvious road. I agree with the person who said it's unprofessional. I know that doesn't stop people from doing it IRL, but it's still stupid. If you're actually interested in the director, then get the part on your own merits and then start a relationship.

I'm not normally home on Monday nights, so I didn't get to watch this until today.

That little weasel assistant of Tom's needs to go DOWN! I haven't liked him from day 1. The fact that Tom is blind to the guy's character makes me sort of not like Tom either. Really, I love tea too, but Tom acts like that tea drawer is the greatest freaking thing in the world. Obviously, he's now going to blackmail Julia to keep her quiet and NOT turn Tom against him.

You can see why Debra Messing may have strayed with Will Chase. Their chemistry is pretty strong. Not saying it's right. I'm just sayin'.
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread