+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 545464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Honestly, I think that the posters on this thread could have gathered for lunch twice a week and written a much better script among us online

So ... how do all think it will or should end.

Will Karen end up with Jimmy ... or will she go back to Iowa or Nebraska or wherever?

Will Derek and Ivy marry or will Derek marry the new Diva ... or maybe Karen?

Will Anna the Diva hook up with Jerry and become the new producer with all the money she gets in a lawsuit? Or will the 2 Divas hook up ... or will the new Diva fall while swinging and make all of Derek's problems go away?

Will Karen sue Derek for snatching the Hit List lead from her and changing things so the Diva becomes more of the lead?

"The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Hmmm.....if I had to predict the workings of those madmen writers of Smash, I would probably just go for the most bizarre prediction possible.

Karen wins a Tony and then hooks up with Prince Harry who flies her to London for a tour of the city. They marry and she is is an official royal. lol

The most bizarre thing on this show for me is how Karen seems to be wielding so much influence over people who have been theater professionals for decades. She seems to be able to make whatever demands she chooses and expects them to be fulfilled, but she's never even performed in, much less starred in, a Broadway show yet. I don't count out of town performances.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    The most bizarre thing on this show for me is how Karen seems to be wielding so much influence over people who have been theater professionals for decades. She seems to be able to make whatever demands she chooses and expects them to be fulfilled, but she's never even performed in, much less starred in, a Broadway show yet. I don't count out of town performances.
    Exactly, but in the world of Smash, all things are Karen. (And now Kyle, too.)
    The show has gotten a lot of flack because of this approach. Karen fans don't mind, but for the rest it's rather annoying and unbelievable. I guess it was Speilberg's design, but instead of working well it has flopped.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I think this is as good an explanation as there is as to why Smash ended it's run tonight...

Why did Smash get cancelled anyhow?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I was thrilled that Ivy won best lead actress and Bombshell best musical. Hit List got quite a few too.

The disappointment is how it seemed that Ivy was going to end up possibly in a romantic relationship with Derek. We know what he is is. He's not going to change. Poor Ivy will be hurt further if she marries him. Maybe she planning to co-parent.

Then we have Karen who will be waiting for Jimmy to get out prison to be with her. Really? She thinks this guy is worth it....the guy has repeatedly turned to drugs and apparently he doesn't believe in rehab. He left his previous girlfriend for dead, and Karen still thinks he's a catch. Okay. Most people don't change. I think it was slap in the face of Karen and Ivy to end the series with them hooking up with losers.

Can someone tell me who the man was that Julia took this letter to at the very end? Who was that man and what was in that letter?

Derek really did do a good deed by getting Anna a role in that musical. When she was auditioning, I could'nt believe how weak her vocals are. She was weak in Hit List too. She doesn't even have a voice suited for Broadway, IMO.

What happend to the guy who helped sponsor Hit List off Broadway? He played Julia's old love interest named Scott. No one even mentioned him.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-27-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was thrilled that Ivy won best lead actress and Bombshell best musical. Hit List got quite a few too.

The disappointment is how it seemed that Ivy was going to end up possibly in a romantic relationship with Derek. We know what he is is. He's not going to change. Poor Ivy will be hurt further if she marries him. Maybe she planning to co-parent.

Then we have Karen who will be waiting for Jimmy to get out prison to be with her. Really? She thinks this guy is worth it....the guy has repeatedly turned to drugs and apparently he doesn't believe in rehab. He left his previous girlfriend for dead, and Karen still thinks he's a catch. Okay. Most people don't change. I think it was slap in the face of Karen and Ivy to end the series with them hooking up with losers.

Can someone tell me who the man was that Julia took this letter to at the very end? Who was that man and what was in that letter?

Derek really did do a good deed by getting Anna a role in that musical. When she was auditioning, I could'nt believe how weak her vocals are. She was weak in Hit List too. She doesn't even have a voice suited for Broadway, IMO.

What happend to the guy who helped sponsor Hit List off Broadway? He played Julia's old love interest named Scott. No one even mentioned him.

1 ....Can someone tell me who the man was that Julia took this letter to at the very end? Who was that man ... 2 ... and what was in that letter

In the restaurant Julia took a letter, written at her lawyer's suggestion, to her soon to be ex-husband... I forgot his name.
    She told him what was in the letter which was a description/time line of her relationship with the guy she was really in love with and with whom she had had an affair. You may recall he also played Joe DiMaggio in Bombshell in Season 1. His name was Michael ... I THINK.

She did not give him the letter ... she just told him the truth .... that she loved Michael.

The guy at the end was Michael. The guy she loved.

I do have one question. Wasn't Michael married too?

Mohandas Gandhi

I did like the Karen/Ivy song at the end that was talking about giving them your best and leave them wanting more.

So ... I really wish that HBO or SHO would pick up Smash. People just lost interest because it went way off on tangents that were not interesting.

HBO could have spent it's money better on this instead of that "Behind the Candelabra" movie about Liberace and Scott Thorsen which was a waste of money and time.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-27-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: accidental deletion
    Florimel likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks for letting me know that guy was Michael. I never cared for him. I don't recall if he was married or not.

There were so many things wrong with Smash that I don't how it could be reworked. There were some good actors/performers, but too many who were not, IMO. I wouldn't want to see them back on a project like that. There were great talents like Scott who never got to sing and then there were low talent people like Anna who sang repeatedly. WHAT? I don't get it.

Plus, there was the crazy script of poor storylines. It was too big of a mess to even start repairing, IMO.

Michael was married with a toddler--pretty poor (and trashy) sideplot and a great example of the problems with SMASH.

Following the pilot both viewers and critics were incredibly excited because it seemed like SMASH would be a really cool lens into the backstage of Broadway: a fun mix of the behind the scenes intricacies (relationships, production, etc...) and cool, adult theatrical productions; instead, it devolved into a plethora of ridiculous sideplots with Debra Messing's character and other nonsense not directly related to what should have been the core of the show. To make matters worse, to freshen it up they added a younger, more urban show in season 2 but brought it via a pretty unlikeable character and a poor weaving of storylines by transfering Julia over to Hit List (thereby destroying the only stable relationship in the entire show) to keep the 2 major plots connected. If they had stuck to the original premise and focused more on Broadway and less on Eileen's, Julia's, Tom's, etc... love interests then we would probably be headed towards a season 3 instead of having this discussion.

Also, the gal that played Anna is an incredible vocalist (not necessarily a projection belter like many broadway singers)..ive downloaded most of the smash music and her rendition of Reach for Me is stunning!

It would be awesome if another network picked this show up...it could be amazing and they could likely produce it on a much better budget (cut big name stars like Debra Messing, Houston, etc..., reduce the overall size of the cast) and still give us a quality show.
    Last edited by mindy384; 05-27-2013 at 10:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread