+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

So I just watched last night's show, and I'd say Derek's goose is cooked either way. We've already seen, from what she did to Jimmy and Karen, that Anna's not shy about making noise to make her position on something heard. If I were Derek, I'd rather cross Daisy!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I found this week's episode quite funny. In fact, we just started laughing there were so many odd things that just seemed way off. First they start throwing Kyle's name out there for sympathy. You know, what Kyle would have wanted......So fake. And they even make up stuff Kyle never did just to add some confirmation to their devotion to Kyle's creation. I finally just stopped hissing and starting laughing. What else can you do? These people actually get paid for writing scripts like Smash? Unbelieveable! lol

What did you think of the tweets during Hit List? Was this Kyle or Jimmy's idea. I couldn't tell from the way Jimmy described it. It's such a clever idea and just the right touch when what you have isn't going over well. LOL Distraction is a good idea. The actual tweets were so corny though. Please!. I could tell from the huge smiles and fake ooues and awes in the audience that they just loved it. lol

I really want to love this show, but this episode really jumped the shark.

Who is the father of Ivy's baby? Has she slept with anyone besides Derek?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I found this week's episode quite funny. In fact, we just started laughing there were so many odd things that just seemed way off. First they start throwing Kyle's name out there for sympathy. You know, what Kyle would have wanted......So fake. And they even make up stuff Kyle never did just to add some confirmation to their devotion to Kyle's creation. I finally just stopped hissing and starting laughing. What else can you do? These people actually get paid for writing scripts like Smash? Unbelieveable! lol

What did you think of the tweets during Hit List? Was this Kyle or Jimmy's idea. I couldn't tell from the way Jimmy described it. It's such a clever idea and just the right touch when what you have isn't going over well. LOL Distraction is a good idea. The actual tweets were so corny though. Please!. I could tell from the huge smiles and fake ooues and awes in the audience that they just loved it. lol

It was Kyle's idea---Karen found a one word card and Jimmy explained what it meant. They didn't use it originally because it was too expensive and not right for the small theater--but now they have a bigger theater and more money.

We haven't seen Ivy sleep with anyone but Derek, expect for the one nighter with Karen's boyfriend, but that was a while ago. My money's on Derek the sleaze, just the guy you want for the father of your baby. And Ivy cannot afford to lose her waistline before the Tony awards!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Yeah the whole Kyle idolatry was nutty.

I liked the tweet idea, but I find it really hard to believe that most theatergoers would have left their phones on.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know... these days they tell you to turn them off! Not on! Maybe they were told to leave them on when they took their Twitter addresses? Or whatever they did at the start? In which case it wouldn't be that much of a surprise... and wouldn't some people get random messages during the show at the wrong time?
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I know... these days they tell you to turn them off! Not on! Maybe they were told to leave them on when they took their Twitter addresses? Or whatever they did at the start? In which case it wouldn't be that much of a surprise... and wouldn't some people get random messages during the show at the wrong time?
    Exactly! Not to mention actual phone calls.

I just want to see how they are going to wrap up this crazy mess! lol Nothing will surprise me at this point. They are in another demension.

I'm still not feeling Hit List. I think they got their idea of the playbill from the movie Almost Famous. I knew it looked familiar.
    Almost Famous (2000) - IMDb

Here's the one for Hit List in the background:
    THE "Smash" REPORT: Season Two, Episode 14 or, Without You - Playbill.com

It's really odd that Ivy wouldn't have just taken an at-home pregnancy test. Unless you're having fertility treatment, I haven't seen a doctor's office deliver pregnancy news in years. Oh well. It's Smash Land. lol

I wonder how Derek will react to the news.

FORT Fogey

this show has become a mess. it seems they are throwing thing out there since they know they are done.

I think these episodes were filmed before they knew they would be cancelled. So, I chalk it up to writers gone mad. lol

Honestly, I think that the posters on this thread could have gathered for lunch twice a week and written a much better script amongst us online.
    Miss_Griss and Florimel like this.

It's really odd that Ivy wouldn't have just taken an at-home pregnancy test. Unless you're having fertility treatment, I haven't seen a doctor's office deliver pregnancy news in years. Oh well. It's Smash Land. lol
    Really? Maybe Ivy did take an at home test but I think most women get confirmation from a Doctor due to so many false positives with the at home tests.

Or, Ivy just thought she was ill or symptoms were stress or activity related and went to a Doctor t be sure.

I am going to miss this show as I was sooooo looking forward to the backstage theater aspects and I think they took it too far off concept.
    That whole thing at the beginning with Julia and her husband and her cheating, etc, took things way in the wrong direction.

As for the baby ..... it has become increasingly obvious that Derek has feelings for Ivy. Maybe he'll just be a stay at home Dad and Ivy will have to be the family breadwinner. ..... Although it will be hard for her to be MM during her pregnancy

As for the Playbill picture ... I thought it was Karen's face not Anna or the other Diva.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread