+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    That is a little tangled,

Karen is the one who "found" Kyle and Jimmy and brought the material to Derek. Derek left Bombshell because of the bad publicity about him and the not good celebrity lead and Karen brought him in to see if Hit List had promise/potential. Karen in the lead was the pivotal reason that Kyle & Jimmy kept writing Hit List. Karen was working on both shows and she was forced by Jerry to choose one or the other. Karen chose Hit List.

Derek just needed a job.
    I think that Karen and Dereck would be judged by the appearance of impropiety or maybe not. Perhaps, it's done a lot.

I'll be watching this Saturday. Certainly, they'll run the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I think this next episode is the last one. No other episodes are listed in my TIVO guide --- which usually forcasts about two weeks in advance.
    According to IMDB, there are three more episodes, including tonight's. The finale is on May 25th.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm sorry that Smash is coming to an end. I really enjoyed it!
    Florimel likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm sorry that Smash is coming to an end. I really enjoyed it!
    So am I, but I adore legitimate theater, plays and musicals alike.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's a really long finale....a couple of hours at least.

Odd they didn't mention any other episodes before that... Are there some?

I will be on TVless land during the finale...so hoping I can find it somewhere when I return.

So Ivy is pregnant? And I have to say I think the new Diva is more Divaish than the original. On the other hand...is that the Diva's face on the billboard? Wearing the sunglasses? I thought so....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    It's a really long finale....a couple of hours at least.

Odd they didn't mention any other episodes before that... Are there some?

I will be on TVless land during the finale...so hoping I can find it somewhere when I return.

So Ivy is pregnant? And I have to say I think the new Diva is more Divaish than the original. On the other hand...is that the Diva's face on the billboard? Wearing the sunglasses? I thought so....
    The app I have on my phone indicates that both episodes 16 and 17 are airing on the same night - May 26th, which is a Sunday. BUT - imdb shows that they'll be shown over the next two Saturday nights

I found this on Deadline: 'Smash' Finale Gets Sunday Airdate - Deadline.com
    As of April 24th, the finale was set to air - in a two-hour episode - on Sunday, May 26th. Looks like my app might be right.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Yes, I think that there has been a change, and I wonder whether this is a ray of hope for all of us who are Smash fans. The voice-over at the end of the last episode referred to the upcoming "two hour SEASON finale." He didn't say the "series" finale! Does that mean there still might be a chance that Smash will be back? There sure are some cliff hangers at this point. What do you guys think?

Sadly, I don't hold out much hope. I think they took the show in the wrong direction by trying to make all its characters as sleazy as possible instead of focusing on putting good musicals together. Karen's character has become the least likable of all of them for me. I don't blame McPhee for that; she's not the best actress around, but it's how the character has been written. I was raised on Broadway theater and love it, so I had such high hopes for this show. But although it has disapointed me, I do watch and wish it could have another season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Yes, I think that there has been a change, and I wonder whether this is a ray of hope for all of us who are Smash fans. The voice-over at the end of the last episode referred to the upcoming "two hour SEASON finale." He didn't say the "series" finale! Does that mean there still might be a chance that Smash will be back? There sure are some cliff hangers at this point. What do you guys think?
    I'm pretty sure if you do a Google search, you're going to find announcements that Smash has been cancelled. I don't remember where I saw the articles in the last couple of days, but I've seen several.

Too bad, eh? I liked the show a lot in the beginning. Not so much this season.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Miss G is right. NBC canceled the show a few days ago.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread