+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

She went to a lot of trouble (or her helper did) to sabotage it so it wouldn't compete for the Tonys... so I don't see her producing it THIS year, but maybe next?

I'm not a Kathie Lee fan and am hot and cold on Rosie, but it made perfect sense to have them involved in the show in light of their longtime support of Broadway (and especially musical) theater. The appearances of so many Broadway figures as themselves adds an element of realism to the show. I loved seeing Marc Shaiman a few episodes ago.

We're almost out of episodes and Jesse L. Martin still hasn't sung. What gives!? I'll be so bummed if he doesn't get at least one song before the end.
    Florimel and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just saw a typo I made upthread about how I wasn't that "infested" with many of the characters. lol It is Smash.

Maybe Jimmy's friend is not going to be killed, but only mugged by some drug addicts. I have heard rumors that Karen is the one who killed this guy. Why would she encourage him to go out late in the night and track down an irrational, drug user, to give him a piece of your mind? It didn't really make sense, IMO. It could have waited until the morning for normal thinking people. Will she blame herself? I doubt it.

After giving it more thought, I don't think what the writers did with Tom was right. It was almost like an alien had taken over his body. That nasty side that came out wasn't very much like Tom, IMO. Shame on those writers. I'll blame them and not Tom. I'm back on his team again.

I don't think Karen will be the one that killed Jimmy. She was shown walking with Derek. Most folks that live in NYC don't even own a car because its so difficult to drive there.

I hope someone picks up Hit List. I still like it better than Bombshell.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't think Karen will be the one that killed Jimmy. She was shown walking with Derek. Most folks that live in NYC don't even own a car because its so difficult to drive there.

I hope someone picks up Hit List. I still like it better than Bombshell.
    Oh, what I mean by Karen killing Jimmy's friend is that he wanted to wait until the next day to deal with Jimmy, but Karen horned in and said, NO, do it tonight! If not for her horning in, Jimmy's friend would not have gone out and gotten killed. (I say killed, but it could be just seriously injuried.) The show needs something big to bring Jimmy back to Hit List. A death might do it.

Jimmy's friend is named Kyle and he wrote the "Hit List" book. Without him there would be no show.

There are a number of possibilities. Jimmy may have gone after Kyle to talk .... Kyle's boyfriend who just found out Kyle cheated on him with Tom may have come looking for him ... or maybe Adam, Jimmy's brother came after him. It is not Karen's fault or doing. Kyle is an adult and made his own choice.

Karen is not always looking to "win". Karen gave up Broadway to help friends and follow her heart. Also, Karen is the one who recommended Anna for the diva part, and suggested Sam audition for Hit List and that was after Tom broke his promise. Also ... working with Julia on Gatsby was Tom's second choice and now he wants her to break her new commitment. Julia is doing the right thing. Tom is the one looking for recognition and gain at the expense of others. Even Ivy stopped being "friends" with him.

I like Critical's ending//outcome!
    Florimel, Critical and Imperfect1 like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I am going to guess that whatever happens to Kyle is an accident, nothing more. I just hope this incident helps put Jimmy back on the straight and narrow and get off of drugs for good.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I just got around to watching the last episode. (Can you tell I've kinda lost interest?) I'm guessing it was just an accident, too. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Please tell me that Karen and Derek didn't have sex. UGH! Can she not stand being alone for two seconds? This show has gotten overly soap opera-ish lately, and I'm not liking that.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, Karen and Derek are both saying that they were the one who said no to the sex, because of Jimmy/Ivy.... Hmmm What was it Ivy said to Derek...you will always have a what??? a Karen? another woman waiting? which was the reason she wasn't interested in a serious relationship with him.

That was a nice tribute to Kyle, considering that he was a kind of minor character--even "stealing" his idea for Bombshell ... and the dimming.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, Karen and Derek are both saying that they were the one who said no to the sex, because of Jimmy/Ivy.... Hmmm What was it Ivy said to Derek...you will always have a what??? a Karen? another woman waiting? which was the reason she wasn't interested in a serious relationship with him.

That was a nice tribute to Kyle, considering that he was a kind of minor character--even "stealing" his idea for Bombshell ... and the dimming.
    What happened. Did he quit the show?

The way things are happening on the show ... my gut feeling us that it's finished after this season. Too bad.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread