+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

I like your finale Critical. I actually still really like Smash, so I am hoping that with some of the changes they've made, a second season could be a possibility. I am not a big fan of Tom - he's just kind of smarmy to me.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I like your finale Critical. I actually still really like Smash, so I am hoping that with some of the changes they've made, a second season could be a possibility. I am not a big fan of Tom - he's just kind of smarmy to me.
    It's a reality - we're on the second season now
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh crap - I meant third. LOL
    Critical likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm just not a Megan Hilty fan. I don't find her appealing. She can belt out a song, but there's no nuance there. I HATE the way they dress Ivy when she's going out. That dress at the after-party was more suited to Bernadette Peters at 60-something than to a girl in her twenties. The hair? UGH.

In my perfect finale, Bombshell and Hit List go up against each other at the Tonys, where Bombshell wins Best Musical (don't want the sleazy Jimmy rewarded), but Karen wins Best Actress in a Musical over Ivy......and Derek wins Best Director over Tom.
    That's funny. I would prefer the opposite of what you want! lol Though, I'm not wild about the cry baby Karen is in love with winning anything, I would like for Ivy to win something and maybe Tom. I have nothing against Hit List, but can't stand Derek. Perhaps we all will get something we want in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That's funny. I would prefer the opposite of what you want! lol Though, I'm not wild about the cry baby Karen is in love with winning anything, I would like for Ivy to win something and maybe Tom. I have nothing against Hit List, but can't stand Derek. Perhaps we all will get something we want in the end.
    See, I don't understand that at all. Of course, Jack Davenport could probably play a serial killer and I'd still think he was dead sexy. Considering that pretty much the only bad reviews were for Tom's directing, I'd be surprised if he wins anything. More likely, he'll lose and realize he's not as cut out for directing as he'd thought. Then he and Julia can reunite and work on the Gatsby musical.

I hope you're wrong about the outcome and I'm right I guess we'll have to wait another five weeks to see....
    FireWoman likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I thought it was the Times who didn't like Tom and that the bad review was by that guy from the Times who was trying to get it on with Eileen, only that she blew him off for his screw over in the earlier article praising Hit List too much. The other reviews were okay, right?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

They feature this Jimmy character more and more! They first cameo Rosie, then Kathy Lee! It's like they are intentionally trying to drive off viewers like myself.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    They feature this Jimmy character more and more! They first cameo Rosie, then Kathy Lee! It's like they are intentionally trying to drive off viewers like myself.
    I haven't seen it yet, but that would make sense. Both Rosie and Kathie Lee are devoted to Broadway theater, so it's logical they would be involved. I'm not fond of either of them, but I'm not surprised and I'm not irritated.
    Critical likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I love this show so much! I hope there are enough enthusiastic viewers that we'll be able to have another season. Yes, a few annoyances here and there, but over all, the show is just FABULOUS!!!! (and PS, I think the cameos are light and fun, and I enjoy them!)
    Florimel likes this.

I actually like Rosie and Cathy Lee! lol Cathy Lee looked hillarious in that wig.

Tom was a real jerk this week. Nevermind what I said about rooting for him. What a brat. Still, I don't care for Julia. I still want Ivy to come out on top. The rest......whatever.....I'm not that infested in anyone else at this point.

What happens at the end? Is the guy hit by the car? Does he survive? Probably just enough so that they allow Jimmy to come back into the show. I'm not sure why. They have written Jimmy to be a sociopath. Who in their right mind would want anything to do with him. So gross. Why didn't they let Jimmy be the one to get hit by the car?

At the end, was Karen asking Derek to come back to her place to have sex? It looked that way, but I wasn't sure.

What did you think of the songs they showed from Hit List? I'm trying to be objective, but it didn't seem that good, IMO.

What's Eileen up to? She tells Derick, she's not going to produce it, then she looks out her window, as if she is does have plans to produce it. What's up?

+ Reply to Thread