+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this episode! Opening night, and the whole episode was FABULOUS!!!!!
    Florimel likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Especially loved that all three women stood up for themselves with their men, and are taking care of themselves. But really enjoyed That's Life especially of the songs. Of course if Derek gets his show to Broadway to compete for the Tony awards that'll put a kink in the female bonding.

Obviously, this show doesn't have a chance in hell, but I REALLY hope NBC lets the remaining 5 episodes air. I think the weight of the Spielberg name might help them make that decision.

I really want to see what happens, especially since the last episode is called
    Click to see Spoiler:
    "The Tonys"
    Florimel and Imperfect1 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think they'll air the rest of the episodes. If they really had wanted to pull the show, they would have yanked it outright instead of moving it to Saturdays where it can die of natural causes.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think you're probably right. At least I hope so. If they just wanted to cancel it, I think they would have done it. Moving it to Saturdays feels like them just letting the rest of the season air with little fanfare.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I think its Safe Crit.. everything I read said they will wrap it up nicely at the end.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I'm glad that Ivy had her night in the spotlight. She deserved every bit of praise for her wonderful talent. I"m prepared to walk away with that. I'm pretty sure the writers will figure a way to transfer the greatest praise and glory on Karen, who will trimph in the end. I fully expect that, but it's okay. I'm happy with what Ivy has done. I really hope that Megan Hilty finds great success from her run on Smash. She was the best thing about the show, IMO. I had never heard of her until this show. From what I hear she has gained lots of fans.

One thing that I do hope happens is that Derek is somehow not rewarded in the ending. I want Tom to be rewarded and NOT Derek or Julia.

I must have missed this part. Can someone help me with it? What did Karen say to cry baby when she discovered the drugs in his pocket. I saw her put it back into his pocket, but never saw her confront him. Did she? I must have missed it. It seems an odd thing to overlook.

Debby70, I agree about Megan Hilty. I think most of her success has been on Broadway. I hope to see more of her in film or tv in the future. To be able to perform with an actress and singer as talented as Bernadette Peters and not get lost in the shuffle speaks volumes.
    justCoz likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yes, Megan is just a hit in my book. Regardless of what Hit List does, Ivy is the star. And regardless of the changes they made to Bombshell, the show and songs seemed much better last season. I guess the writers of Smash had to have something to do this season, but IMO, they made Bombshell worse, not better.

It seems like they are laying the foundation for future storylines, IF they get another season. Right? Could they be that naive? I guess it was written before the show actually got ratings though, so perhaps they were being optimistic.

I'm just not a Megan Hilty fan. I don't find her appealing. She can belt out a song, but there's no nuance there. I HATE the way they dress Ivy when she's going out. That dress at the after-party was more suited to Bernadette Peters at 60-something than to a girl in her twenties. The hair? UGH.

In my perfect finale, Bombshell and Hit List go up against each other at the Tonys, where Bombshell wins Best Musical (don't want the sleazy Jimmy rewarded), but Karen wins Best Actress in a Musical over Ivy......and Derek wins Best Director over Tom.
    Imperfect1 and mesachick like this.

+ Reply to Thread