+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

FORT Fanatic

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Who did he play on Ally McBeal? I used to watch that.
    I don't remember his name, but he was her boyfriend for a number of episodes, I was sad when he left. He was a doctor I believe and Ally met him
    when she was representing a patient of his. But I do have the entire series on DVD which I go back from time to time to watch certain episodes.
    I might have to go back and find some of his!

Man, those were fun times. I had girlfriends night every week for Ally McBeal at my house. We had wine and food and lots of laughs. What great times they were!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, once again, not seeing this "girl" as a diva! For starters, divas aren't "girls" usually! She seems athletic but she doesn't have a strong voice. Maybe that song would have wowed me with a stronger singer, but not with her. Very dramatic, singing upside down in a curtain like a circus act, but nothing diva like yet. So unlikely that the reviewer would single her out.
    Also,kept worrying that one of them would fall... some of the physical transitions in the curtains/ribbons weren't that smooth...wasn't sure it that was on purpose or not.

For me, the episode was worth watching for the Bernadette Peters/Megan Hilty performance, musical and dramatic both.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, Peters and Hilty were good.

NOTE: If I heard correctly they will begin Sat. shows THIS Saturday.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, once again, not seeing this "girl" as a diva! For starters, divas aren't "girls" usually! She seems athletic but she doesn't have a strong voice. Maybe that song would have wowed me with a stronger singer, but not with her. Very dramatic, singing upside down in a curtain like a circus act, but nothing diva like yet. So unlikely that the reviewer would single her out.
    Also,kept worrying that one of them would fall... some of the physical transitions in the curtains/ribbons weren't that smooth...wasn't sure it that was on purpose or not.
    I saw it as paying tribute if you will to a person who IS a true Diva, Pink. Right down to her hair being styled in the same fashion.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

CCL

Well, I got audio that didn't match the picture in the first third of the show, a nice aquamarine screen with nothing n the middle, and then regular show for the last third. So I didn't see the diva. I wonder what Karen will think of her friend getting a bigger part, especially if her role eclipses Karen's.
    Why is Karen being asked to be the dramaturg? I didn't know Martin had that much sway with the direction of Hit List.

So this show is being bumped for a show on matchmakers? Hmmm.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Well, I got audio that didn't match the picture in the first third of the show, a nice aquamarine screen with nothing n the middle, and then regular show for the last third. So I didn't see the diva. I wonder what Karen will think of her friend getting a bigger part, especially if her role eclipses Karen's.
    Why is Karen being asked to be the dramaturg? I didn't know Martin had that much sway with the direction of Hit List.

So this show is being bumped for a show on matchmakers? Hmmm.
    You meant Julia, right? I think Martin is the producer? And Derek the director? So the producer can have a lot of influence---but the power ratio is maybe a bit skewed here as Derek is more famous as a director than the producer is as a producer.

Re Pink--I don't know her music although of course I've read about her and seen pics, and I agree the hair style looks similar---but just from pictures Pink looks so much more powerful...Ana looks...wispy...

Scott is the producer's name (Jesse L. Martin's character). He's the one who asked Julia to be a dramaturg. The producer has some sway because, in this case, he's providing the theater and probably some of the funding as well.

I thought the diva's song and performance were just "meh." I guess I'm not a fan of Ana.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Scott is the producer's name (Jesse L. Martin's character). He's the one who asked Julia to be a dramaturg. The producer has some sway because, in this case, he's providing the theater and probably some of the funding as well.

I thought the diva's song and performance were just "meh." I guess I'm not a fan of Ana.
    I agree that Ana is meh as the diva, and she's no Pink in terms of working that arial apparatus, either.

Anybody know what lind of drug that was that Jimmy took from the dealer?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread