+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

FORT Fanatic

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

I remember Jesse L. Martin singing on episodes of Ally McBeal (before his L&O days I think). I would be ashame to waste his talent and not have him perform on this show!
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    One of the entertainment sites has a recapper who always calls JLM "Collins" (his character in Rent) and it always makes me laugh because that's how I always think of him. It would be absolutely criminal if they hired him for this show and then he didn't sing at all. I only have to think about him singing the reprise of "I'll Cover You" and I'm practically in tears.

I felt that way with Brian d'Arcy James (who played Julia's hubby) too. He has an amazing singing voice and you hardly heard it last season. I saw him in The Apple Tree with Kristin Chenoweth probably 6 years ago and he was SO good. It sort of felt like a waste to hire someone with a voice like that on a show like Smash and have him play a non-performer.

I'm enjoying Derek and Karen's storyline MUCH more than the Bombshell stuff. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the obvious charms of Jack Davenport AND the fact that Christian Borle supposedly cheated on the fabulous Sutton Foster when they were married.
    Jesse was amazing in Rent that's for sure. His voice is like butter! I agree it would be a huge waste not to have him sing on the show. *crosses fingers* the show goes that route with at least one number at some point.

I hear you about Jack Davenport - he's absolutely yummy. I forgot about Christian cheating on his wife. I read that awhile back. Isn't Sutton a Broadway star as well? Funny storyline then, about how he was counseling Julia to not cheat on her husband in Season one lol. Awkward!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Add me to the Jesse camp. I firmly concur that no one has or ever will sing I'll Cover You better than him. The singing is what keeps me watching this show. I like the second musical mor than the Marilyn one.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

I hear you about Jack Davenport - he's absolutely yummy. I forgot about Christian cheating on his wife. I read that awhile back. Isn't Sutton a Broadway star as well? Funny storyline then, about how he was counseling Julia to not cheat on her husband in Season one lol. Awkward!
    Sutton Foster is a Broadway star. She's currently in the tv show Bunheads. I didn't know Christian Borle was married to her. Hmm.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    I remember Jesse L. Martin singing on episodes of Ally McBeal (before his L&O days I think). I would be ashame to waste his talent and not have him perform on this show!
    Who did he play on Ally McBeal? I used to watch that.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Who did he play on Ally McBeal? I used to watch that.
    He was Ally's boyfriend. It was toward the end of the show, I think. That was my first exposure to him, and I was madly in love with him. So sexy!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I remembered the Scott character from Law & Order and Rent. I had forgotten about Ally McBeal. I do like him. He's the only one I like in the new project. I do have a speculation though. Since they set it up that Tom did his partner wrong and Julia did Scott wrong long ago, this new show, MUST triumph over Bombshell. That's the only thing that will make sense for the finale. It wouldn't surprise me if Tom's partner doesn't find a role in this new show, just so all the screwed over people can triumph in the end.

I hate it for Ivy, though. She's the most talented in the bunch.

I think Karen's singing has improved, but her acting has gone downhill. It's like she's not even trying anymore.

I failed to see what was impressive about Karen's friend's performance in that bar, where she jumped on the bar. It was barely average.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah...that was supposed to be the "diva" song and performance? Neither screamed diva to me.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yeah...that was supposed to be the "diva" song and performance? Neither screamed diva to me.
    After that performance, a better response would have been for Derek to tell her to go back and work on her singing, acting and dancing. She's NOT ready yet. When that performance went over as a hit, I realized Smach really does have some serious problems. Maybe, they do need to wrap it up this season.

+ Reply to Thread