+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I wouldn't care at this point if the whole Bombshell musical went away. I've lost interest in it. All of the over the top drama and machinations are just too much. The whole Jerry storyline bores me. I'm more interested now in the other musical. What's it called? Hit It?
    I think it's "Hit List".

I believe they are trying to demonstrate some truth of what is involved in producing "theatre" . I think one of the problems is the audience for this is just narrow ... more narrow than I thought. I think it is a great show and pretty well cast but I have an interest and some background in "theatre".

I remember when the reality show to cast a revival of "Grease" was on ... and there was very little interest ... here on FORT too.
    I was surprised then and I am surprised now.

There are some shows that just end up not having broad appeal and unfortunately Smash seems to be one of them.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-18-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I loved the first season, with the 2 actresses vying for the part of Marilyn, but so far season 2 has been a snooze fest for me. Just not that interesting, I find myself playing games or checking email while it's on.
    Uncle David and Debb70 like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So if Smash is moving to Saturdays, WHEN is it happening? Anyone know?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

April 6th
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Better episode last night than I've seen for a while what with Karen moving to "Hit List," Ivy going back to "Bombshell," and Jerry getting his comeuppance, at least for now. I have an inkling this time that viewers' opinions may have influenced the direction the show is taking. Hope it lasts.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Better episode last night than I've seen for a while what with Karen moving to "Hit List," Ivy going back to "Bombshell," and Jerry getting his comeuppance, at least for now. I have an inkling this time that viewers' opinions may have influenced the direction the show is taking. Hope it lasts.
    Me too. Now what should happen is that, before the end of the season, both Bombshell and Hit List - and Karen and Ivy, of course - will be nominated for Tonys. Karen and Hit List win, putting snotty Tom and Julia in their places and giving Tom a satisfying win.

The longer I hear the songs from Bombshell, the more I hate them. They just feel so retro and not in a good way. "Let Me Be Your Star" is an exception.

They hired Jesse L. Martin. Now they need to have him sing in every episode for the rest of the season. It would be a crime not to.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Why would that give Tom a win?

Thanks for the April 6th info, Uncle David! TV sections are set so long in advance I can't trust my paper.

Sorry, I meant Derek.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am happy with the direction of Smash now too. Bombshell just really bombed! The Fringe bit seems a lot more interesting to me. The cast involved with Fringe (Derek, Karen, Jimmy et al) are just more interesting to me than the cast involved with Bombshell.
    maxkl likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I'm happy if Ivy is in Bombshell and Karen is in HIt List....seems like a good fit. Maybe the two shows would compete in different categories of the NY awards... Off , very off, Broadway, vs. Broadway? I don't know how it works...
    And Ivy has been around longer, she "deserves" the big Broadway break, and Karen in the more off Broadway thing. If they wind up the show this season it ends on a good note, as some rumors seem to be hinting.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread