+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

I welcome the show on Saturday. There isn't much original on on the weekends, except for Pit Boss. LOL

Katherine McPhee is one of the VERY few American Idol contestants I ever liked as a singer, and I think she is a very good singer. I think I recall that she may have some operatic training in her background, but I could be wrong. I stopped watching Idol after just a few seasons. However, I agree that McPhee's acting is weak at best and I don't find it believable that she'd win the role of Marilyn over Hilty's character. I've seen every movie that Marilyn made. When Hilty is playing her onstage, I do see Marilyn both physically and in stage personality. I just don't see that with McPhee's character, who is not nearly curvy enough for one thing. I will give McPhee credit for being a little better when she's playing Karen.

I am hoping that Eileen really brings Jerry down hard before this is all over. .
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Finally watched this week's show. Nice to see where Jesse LL. Martin is going to fit in. Karen should totally jump ship. Tom probably won't keep her as Marilyn, anyway.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Instead of making specific comments about the cast and storylines, I just want to say that I LOVE the show, and I love the concept of trying to take a musical to Broadway. In fact, I wish there were more of these kinds of shows -- and not just limited to this storyline, but all kinds of scripted main-stream shows about people trying to fulfill their dreams. It's so nice and refreshing to have drama, suspense, and even conflict, but no violence, no cops, no horror, no vampires, and no mean-girl fights.

I'm really sorry to hear that Smash hasn't been received as well as I'd hoped. If it does get cancelled, I'll be really sad --- and I'll miss it a lot. So far, it's been so much fun to watch --- even if it hasn't been perfect, it's been very very entertaining and pretty terrific!!!
    Uncle David likes this.

I'm in complete agreement with you, Imperfect1 about the need for more of this kind of tv. There are many things I love about the show also. I just think they could have made it better and that they have tweaked and changed it too much. I hope it isn't canceled, but I think its days are numbered.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I love the premise of the show but I really couldn't deal with katherine's acting in this show. I would be nice to have some shows that are more than just another cop investigating a crime show.

I wouldn't care at this point if the whole Bombshell musical went away. I've lost interest in it. All of the over the top drama and machinations are just too much. The whole Jerry storyline bores me. I'm more interested now in the other musical. What's it called? Hit It?
    mesachick likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

My only real complaint is Karen's new love interest.(What's his name, Jimmy?) The writing for his character is bad enough, but the actor's over-the-top portrayal just irritates the heck out of me.
    Miss_Griss and Cornholio like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, he acts like a sulky two year old...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yeah, he acts like a sulky two year old...
    It's exactly like watching children. When they don't get what they want, they throw a fit and run out the door like a child. It's so silly. And Karen seems to become more bored and non-present when she's around them. I don't get it. Maybe she's trying to act in love with that guy, but she seems bored to death.

I did like that duet they did at the Fringe show. That was actually pretty good.

I'm so happy the director left. I hope he takes Fringe and leaves Bombshell to the male writer. He can do it, right? That regular director is just too down on everything and always disagreeable. Enough of that. Perhaps he can do more for Fringe. Maybe the show wants to make that show the big sucess story.

+ Reply to Thread