+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

I love that Ellis's little viper head has risen...and that Eileen is "on to" the game......I love Angelica Huston...I think this show is one of the best on TV....to me the hour goes by very quickly and although I was never an "AI" fan of Katherine she is growing on me in this show, and yes I too am "rooting" for Ivy who will probally end up back in the starring role of Bombshell as Karen will be working the "new show" since Derek is directing and it seems there will be a competition between the Broadway production and the little theater production vieing for audience love!
    Last edited by fan*addict; 03-13-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Smash is moving to Saturdays.

Doesn't bode well.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

If that means they'll run the entire season's worth of episodes, I don't care when they air it! There's nothing on Saturday nights anyway, so my viewing schedule is free.

Remember when Saturday night was a BIG night of TV? We all lived for the two hour block of Love Boat and Fantasy Island. Now there's barely any original programming that isn't a) a news program or b) a repeat of an episode that aired during the previous week.
    maxkl, Miss_Griss, babymay and 2 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Yup...that's usally the death knell...the final nail in the coffin before they disconnect the oxygen.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Yup...that's usally the death knell...the final nail in the coffin before they disconnect the oxygen.
    the stories are all over the place. They need to focus. Yes, bring back ellis if needed

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I'm glad it's moving. I never get to see it on Tuesday night because it's on at the same time as other shows I watch. There's nothing on Saturday night so I'll be able to watch it.

FORT Fanatic

I won't mind this on Saturdays.... although it does scare me that it will be cancelled. It is still one of my favorites to watch.... I've about given up on most shows they cancel them so quick these days.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Buh bye Smash. Oh well. I really enjoyed S1 too.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I just read an interesting review on season two so far. They said the show changed writers due to Season one not working. Really? I guess the ratings were not what they wanted even then. One of the problems according to the article, was that so many characters on Smash witness Karen and think she's perfect for the role of Marilyn, and that that is so wrong that it fails to connect with an audience. The reviewer went on to say that McPhee's lack of acting skill is so apparent, that the premise of her starring in Smash is totally unbelievable to the viewer. I agree with that. However, she also said that Hilty is not right for the role either. And that Smash's decision to cast McPhee and Hilty in these roles was the main reason the show fails. She finds other problems as well.

I think Hilty works well, so I disagree that she has led to the show's failure. I do wonder if McPhee has so many fans out there, why are the ratings so poor. ?????????

Saturdays, hmm so they will finish this off on the 'boring' night. No thanks
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread