+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

I still haven't seen a single episode of the new season. I either forget it's on or I'll look for it and don't see it listed on the tv guide channel. I'll try to remember to look for it this week after watching Face Off.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Right but Karen is not a star (yet) and shouldn't have that much power/say. I'm not saying that Ivy didn't do some wrong things, but Karen can act like a grown up when it comes to business. And, really, when it comes to the concert Jennifer Hudson was the star and Ivy is her friend. She could have pulled rank and had Karen fired and replaced with Ivy. So it cuts both ways.
    Ivy was making Karen very uncomfortable and Derek chose to fire Ivy from bombshell. Ivy and Karen have since "talked" and Ivy apologized.
    ... and it's Ivy who is being the polite one. I think they both realize that anything less than a civil relationship could hurt both of them.

as Critical said:

It may seem absurd, but that's how show business works sometimes. If you run afoul of the wrong person, it can really affect your career.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

CCL

I don't think Karen realizes that. When Ivy dropped by Derek's apartment - not knowing Karen was there - Karen was quite icy to her. Ivy was stopping by to ask for help with work but Karen's attitude made her uncomfortable and she left - so Karen has been negatively impacting Ivy's career, it could be said (though the audition turned out all right in the end). And Ivy was not asked originally to be in the concert, probably because Karen was in it - she only came in because they needed someone last minute.

Speaking of the concert, I guess it makes sense that Karen was in it as Derek was directing. But I recall her not being the best of dancers and, as it was all last minute, you'd think they would have gone with more experienced dancers (with Karen maybe singing backup in the background, as she did with the last song).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I don't think Karen realizes that. When Ivy dropped by Derek's apartment - not knowing Karen was there - Karen was quite icy to her. Ivy was stopping by to ask for help with work but Karen's attitude made her uncomfortable and she left - so Karen has been negatively impacting Ivy's career, it could be said (though the audition turned out all right in the end). And Ivy was not asked originally to be in the concert, probably because Karen was in it - she only came in because they needed someone last minute.

Speaking of the concert, I guess it makes sense that Karen was in it as Derek was directing. But I recall her not being the best of dancers and, as it was all last minute, you'd think they would have gone with more experienced dancers (with Karen maybe singing backup in the background, as she did with the last song).
    Makes sense, but with this show, I have found that St. Karen can do no wrong. lol I think it's been a mistake though and has alienated a lot of viewers. I still watch though, rooting for Ivy to triumph.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, we have to have a cliff hanger...quite so obviously? Was anyone else expecting Eileen to say, OK, I choose BOTH! ?

Poor Ivy, what a disaster! I guess that's one way to bring her back into Smash. Maybe Karen will choose the "new Rent" and Ivy will get Marilyn....

I watched Body of Proof last night, but will catch up with this one ASAP.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

I loved the 'JHud free' episode last night! Things seemed a little more cohesive.
    Maybaybie likes this.

I was dozing off toward the end so can someone clarify something for me....

Julia accused the Dramaturg of handing in another script (because the secretary had mentioned a new title and an Elizabeth Taylor scene Julia had cut), but when it was read they were all happy with it and Tom congratulated both of them, so apparently Julia had jumped to conclusions and he submitted her script as written. So how did the secretary read about the new title and the ELizabeth Taylor part? Where did that script come from and how come she had it and read it?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

EXACTLY what I wondered!!! That seemed like pretty good evidence that he was planning to stab her. Maybe he thought they'd hate it... OR maybe he thought they'd think it was too Off Broadway, and he could offer HIS script as the solution. Not knowing that Tom had sent in the earlier script. Yeah, I bet that's it, and it may still come to pass.

Or maybe there was something about elizabeth taylor in the old draft, and they hadn't found the title yet. Hard to say. It was confusing, though.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread