+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Is Jennifer Hudson signed on for the whole season? UGH. She can sing, but the acting? Not so much.
    It's the way she talks. UGH!!!

Funny, they fired the writer from last year and hired the new guy to take it in a new direction, one that apparently a lot of us don't like. I hope it gets back on track very soon!

I still have to watch this episode. So, the new guy is going to take Bombshell in a new direction........is it anything like that number between Kennedy and Karen? I did not enjoy that at all. I don't know if it was the song or the acting, but yuk, it wasn't entertaining, IMO. I'm open to anything though.

I read a potential spoiler today about the show.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I read that the show will air for the rest of this season, but it will be the last season. THey will wrap up all the storylines and even reveal who gets a Tony. For which show, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I read a potential spoiler today about the show.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I read that the show will air for the rest of this season, but it will be the last season. THey will wrap up all the storylines and even reveal who gets a Tony. For which show, I don't know.
    Well that doesn't surprise me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I finally watched last week's episode. I liked the last song that Hudson performed, but that was about the only thing I found amusing in the episode. I'm not sure why, but I found it so boring. Why they are wasting Hilty this way is just bizarre. And why did she have to ask Karen if it was okay to be there when she showed up at Hudson's concert show for rehearsal? Karen said it was okay, like she had to give her permission for Ivy to be there. WHAT? Why?

Who was the guy who now has the rights to Bombshell talking to on the phone at the end while he was writing them a check? I think he called the name as Ellis.

I finally watched last week's episode. I liked the last song that Hudson performed, but that was about the only thing I found amusing in the episode. I'm not sure why, but I found it so boring. Why they are wasting Hilty this way is just bizarre. And why did she have to ask Karen if it was okay to be there when she showed up at Hudson's concert show for rehearsal? Karen said it was okay, like she had to give her permission for Ivy to be there. WHAT? Why?

Who was the guy who now has the rights to Bombshell talking to on the phone at the end while he was writing them a check? I think he called the name as Ellis.
    Because Derek produced the show and Karen is his star/muse...... and she still hasn't forgiven Ivy for sleeping with her fiance. She was fairly terrible to Karen. I wouldn't forgive her either.

Jerry was talking to Ellis, who was a rather prominent featured cast member last season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh, that's it. So because Ivy cheated with Karen's boyfriend, Ivy must now get permission from Karen to rehearse on the Veronica Moore concert, because Karen's good friend was producing it. Good grief. That's pretty sad. That Broadway world is something else! lol

I checked on the Ellis character. I now recall him. He was the one who tried to sabotage someone with peanut allergies. He was a sneaky one. I wonder what dirt he must have on Jerry for Jerry to be paying him off. Hmmmm........

Oh, that's it. So because Ivy cheated with Karen's boyfriend, Ivy must now get permission from Karen to rehearse on the Veronica Moore concert, because Karen's good friend was producing it. Good grief. That's pretty sad. That Broadway world is something else! lol
    It may seem absurd, but that's how show business works sometimes. If you run afoul of the wrong person, it can really affect your career.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It may seem absurd, but that's how show business works sometimes. If you run afoul of the wrong person, it can really affect your career.
    Right but Karen is not a star (yet) and shouldn't have that much power/say. I'm not saying that Ivy didn't do some wrong things, but Karen can act like a grown up when it comes to business. And, really, when it comes to the concert Jennifer Hudson was the star and Ivy is her friend. She could have pulled rank and had Karen fired and replaced with Ivy. So it cuts both ways.
    Ellis didn't have anything on Jerry. He had the scoop on Eileen (is that Angelica Huston's character's name?) with regards to how she got the money for Broadway. He told Jerry and Jerry then tipped off the Feds (and paid Ellis for the information). Jerry has wanted to mess with his ex and get his hands on Bombshell from the beginning and Ellis provided him the way. But Ellis is creepy and it only stands to reason that Jerry wouldn't want to have future dealings
    with him (plus if Ellis could turn against Eileen whose to say he wouldn't turn against Jerry - Jerry has a right to be cautious).
    march and Debb70 like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Right but Karen is not a star (yet) and shouldn't have that much power/say. I'm not saying that Ivy didn't do some wrong things, but Karen can act like a grown up when it comes to business. And, really, when it comes to the concert Jennifer Hudson was the star and Ivy is her friend. She could have pulled rank and had Karen fired and replaced with Ivy. So it cuts both ways.
    Exactly!!!!

+ Reply to Thread