+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I'm not a fan of Jennifer Hudson! So, when I say the best thing about the show last night WAS Jennifer Hudson, I'm not complimenting the show.
    Oh boy, thats not good is it?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

No disrespect to the fans of McPhee and Hudson, but they are just not my favorites. Wouldn't you know they would both end up on this show? I guess it makes sense, considering Hudson's background. Now I'm just waiting for Jennifer Lopez to show up. (All my least favorites on a show that I really like!) lol

I actually enjoyed last night's show. Was that Sheryl Lee Ralph as Jennifer Hudson's mother? Interestingly enough, I saw her in Dreamgirls on Broadway years ago.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Whew! All that Kat bashing may end up a serial killer. ( Sorry ... sick but couldn't resist that )

I absolutely disagree with all who think Megan Hilty is more suited to the Marilyn role.
    I think McPhee looks so much more like MM! Hilty looks too old when she's playing MM !

Spielberg doesnt make mistakes.
    sunshine3331 and Imperfect1 like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

it's the american idol stigma (if there is any)

I'm so disappointed I really loved this show last season and looked forward to watching it, but this season, not so much. I'm still watching and I keep hoping it gets better, but I fear it won't. I don't like the JHud story and think it's filler that's wasn't needed.
    Uncle David, mesachick and Debb70 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Yeah, why can't they explain who some of who the main characters are and how they got where they are today? I think that's the writers fault.

I don't blame McPhee. She had an opportunity and she took it. I guess she did the best she could. It's not her fault they went the wrong direction. Still, I think the show would have had a different result if they had written it differently. They needed a real star, who's firey in her role and that's just not her, IMO.

Any updates on the status?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I wasn't sure about this episode until close to the end. Wham! Smash just came alive again! And did you guys see whose name was on the check that Jerry was paying off? It was ELLIS!!!!! The weasel rat-fink backstabber from last season. He finally brought Eileen down --- and now we have a whole new direction for Bombshell. A whole lot more pizzazz in the Bombshell storyline (thanks to Julia and her new writing partner), and a Broadway producer who is a totally unscrupulous megalomaniac. It's like the real story starts now! This should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I wasn't sure about this episode until close to the end. Wham! Smash just came alive again! And did you guys see whose name was on the check that Jerry was paying off? It was ELLIS!!!!! The weasel rat-fink backstabber from last season. He finally brought Eileen down --- and now we have a whole new direction for Bombshell. A whole lot more pizzazz in the Bombshell storyline (thanks to Julia and her new writing partner), and a Broadway producer who is a totally unscrupulous megalomaniac. It's like the real story starts now! This should be interesting!
    Jerry also addressed Ellis by name in case anyone couldn't read the name on the check.

Is Jennifer Hudson signed on for the whole season? UGH. She can sing, but the acting? Not so much.
    mesachick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I must've made a mistake. I thought I set my DVR to record Smash, but when I went to watch it, it was the Jennifer Hudson Show. Ooops.
    Amen! I KNEW she would ruin it for me. So far, I've been able to fast forward through most of her (unnecessary) parts, but it still leaves me not really caring if I watch or not. Makes me sad, because I really enjoyed the show last season.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread