+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    OK, there's no Smash on the tv schedule for next week. I realize that the State of the Union is on in it's time slot, but WHY would the network EVEN START the show's second season at a time when they KNOW they will have to miss the very next week??????? SO MADDENING!!!!!! They could've just started up at the end of February and then they wouldn't have to miss any weeks. Uggghhhh!
    I agree, couldn't they have waited .Is that why it was 2 hours I wonder.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just watched the show. I just love Ivy. I hope there are good things coming her way this season.

Hudson is fine, but I don't see what her character is adding. And though talented, she's not up to par with the other lead female singers IMO. Maybe I'm biased in favor of Ivy.
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-09-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Florimel likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    OK, there's no Smash on the tv schedule for next week. I realize that the State of the Union is on in it's time slot, but WHY would the network EVEN START the show's second season at a time when they KNOW they will have to miss the very next week??????? SO MADDENING!!!!!! They could've just started up at the end of February and then they wouldn't have to miss any weeks. Uggghhhh!
    Because Feb. is a sweeps month, so they aren't going to use any "filler" material during such an important time slot. Maybe that IS why we got 2 hours of Smash---which I very much enjoyed---an hour basically to wrap us stuff from last season and an hour to show us the new threads. So I'll forgive them. They must have written that song Ivy sang since last year--I sure don't recall anyone singing it before.

So Smash this week - was good! I like the two guys Jimmy and the other one (name escapes me). The whole Dramaturg theme was pretty interesting. I liked how he pushed Julia into writing more than just a fluff piece. Whomever is playing Kennedy - great voice! I am guessing that Kat and Jimmy will be some sort of item at some point. I can't wait to hear them sing together. Good episode all around I thought.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Glad the dramaturg told her to change the focus of the Kennedy scene...I mean I know the Kennedy brothers were womanizers, but this version of JFK would have had him up on sexual harassment charges today if that was his M.O. I've always assumed his relationships were a bit more welcome than that one....

OK. Show of hands. How many think that Derek is going to take the show that Karen's new friends are creating and give it to Jennifer Hudson as her new showcase and totally screw Karen over? (Karen does want it for herself, right?)
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I can't tell if Derek is romantically interested in Karen or not. He did seem sort of jealous when he was watching the three of them at the piano. But yet it's Ivy that he goes to when he's having a personal issue. Color me confused.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I think Karen holds allure for Derek because she wouldn't sleep with him. I think he looks on her as his muse and thinks that she looks up to him. He's used to her sitting at his feet, so when she didn't bring him a beer first, he was surprised and maybe a bit annoyed. I'm sure he finds her attractive and he probably wouldn't turn her down if she wanted to sleep with him, but I get the feeling that it's not about sex for him.

I'll stick with this show until the bitter end, but I'm frustrated at how scattered the storylines are. I'm not a Jennifer Hudson fan, so she can leave now. I thought they got rid of cast members to focus the show a bit more, but they just went and replaced them with new characters.
    Florimel and PWS like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am just not feeling this show as I did before
    Uncle David likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am just not feeling this show as I did before
    The jury's still out for me. I'll give it a little while longer before I give up on it, but it's not grabbing me at the moment.

I do wonder what's going to happen with Ivy now that she has a lead in another show. I'm guessing she's still going to be around in some way or other, but how that will work I can't see.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread