+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

I think Jennifer Hudson is FABULOUS and would welcome her on any TV show, especially Smash. Not only is she a magnificent singer, but she's also got HEART, and is a very enjoyable screen presence. Did you guys see her in Sex and the City and Dreamgirls? Two completely different kinds of roles and she was amazing in both!
    FireWoman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I think Jennifer Hudson is FABULOUS and would welcome her on any TV show, especially Smash. Not only is she a magnificent singer, but she's also got HEART, and is a very enjoyable screen presence. Did you guys see her in Sex and the City and Dreamgirls? Two completely different kinds of roles and she was amazing in both!
    I think she's a great singer, but a terrible actress. She won the Oscar for singing, not acting, IMO. I hated her in SITC. Sorry, but I'd rather she stuck to singing because she's completely wooden as an actress. There are so many more actresses who could play her part who can both sing and act. Hopefully, she won't be too much of a presence on the show, OR she'll have gotten acting lessons.

I'm so sick of stunt casting! Uma was bad enough. I don't want this to turn into Glee. I like the regular cast members and would rather see more of them than some "Very Special" guest star every other week.
    Florimel, Jamie5632 and mesachick like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

LOL We all have so many different preferences, but really, I'm just grateful that we have Smash coming back for a return season!!! Love, love, love the show!!!

I will watch Jennifer Hudson on the show, but I don't think it's necessary. If they bring a Kardashian on, I'm out of there. No way. Refuse to watch them on anything.

Hudson isn't that great of an actor IMO, but she is a great singer. I hate to be petty, because the girl lost most of her family in a terrible way, but I must explain.

I saw how Hudson behaved a couple of times in her professional capacity and it really shocked me. It showed how she thinks she is so much more important than anyone else. I don't care for it. One incident was on Oprah Behind the Scenes when she flew out of state during a snow storm and caused much chaos with Oprah's staff and then I saw her on The View with her baby. Very odd and inconsiderate to the viewers and panel, IMO. Man, too much diva for my taste.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I will watch Jennifer Hudson on the show, but I don't think it's necessary. If they bring a Kardashian on, I'm out of there. No way. Refuse to watch them on anything.

Hudson isn't that great of an actor IMO, but she is a great singer. I hate to be petty, because the girl lost most of her family in a terrible way, but I must explain.

I saw how Hudson behaved a couple of times in her professional capacity and it really shocked me. It showed how she thinks she is so much more important than anyone else. I don't care for it. One incident was on Oprah Behind the Scenes when she flew out of state during a snow storm and caused much chaos with Oprah's staff and then I saw her on The View with her baby. Very odd and inconsiderate to the viewers and panel, IMO. Man, too much diva for my taste.
    Just to soften the edges a little bit --- I remember that incident with Jennifer Hudson flying out of state between rehearsal with Oprah and the show's taping the next day. As I remember though, she wasn't being a "diva" --- she was just trying to honor a commitment for a performance that she had to do that evening, and thought she could easily do the performance and take a late night flight back to Chicago with no problem --- except that night there was a huge storm and she had a really hard time getting back to Chicago for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Just to soften the edges a little bit --- I remember that incident with Jennifer Hudson flying out of state between rehearsal with Oprah and the show's taping the next day. As I remember though, she wasn't being a "diva" --- she was just trying to honor a commitment for a performance that she had to do that evening, and thought she could easily do the performance and take a late night flight back to Chicago with no problem --- except that night there was a huge storm and she had a really hard time getting back to Chicago for the show.
    I think that's the story she gave Oprah. I hand it to Oprah. She was not amused, but she stayed calm. She took Jennifer's apology and said, that was all she could do. I respect Oprah for doing that. IMO it was inexcusable and a slap in the face to Oprah. That's why Jennifer kept the fact she was flying out that day secret and tried to do it behind their back. But, it's not important. She has many fans nonetheless. I think I just need to see something that shows she's changed.

This should be very enjoyable! Sean Hayes will guest star in a multi-episode arc.

Smash Stages Will Grace Reunion Sean Hayes To Guest Star| E! Online
    Debb70 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    This should be very enjoyable! Sean Hayes will guest star in a multi-episode arc.

Smash Stages Will Grace Reunion Sean Hayes To Guest Star| E! Online
    Good news! thank you
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm sort of annoyed that NBC is already doing teasers for season 2 when the premiere isn't until next year. I love the show, but I think a lot of people got turned off by the over-promotion of the show WAY ahead of the series premiere.

I love Sean Hayes and will be happy to see him on the show, but I wish NBC would lay off the commercials and maybe promote the shows that start this fall instead.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

I've not seen any commercials but I don't think I've been on NBC lately. I keep seeing commercials for Elementary but at least that starts vaguely soon. I don't know why they'd be showing Smash commercials. I guess they don't want people to forget about the show?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread