+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

I adore musical theatre, its part of my background .We go to see plays at least once a month, I love every second.I was hoping for something a little like Fame, Glee isn't that, not in my book.I will take a look at Smash, from what I have seen in the previews I have liked

I watched the preview OnDemand, and I really liked it. But I like Debra Messing and Anjelica Huston, so that may have helped.

I also enjoy musical theater, so I liked the "behind-the-scenes" stuff. I want to see where they go from here :-)
    Fanny Mare likes this.

another show piled in on Monday nights...hey ABC NBC CBS there are 6 other nights of the week...I will have to catch this one of demand
    Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fan

I watched the first episode online a week ago and thought it was good. I love theater and musicals, so this show already has an appeal for me anyway. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. I hope it does well. Also I saw a thing in Parade magazine in yesterday's paper where they had a little interview with Katherine McPhee and she said that she got into American Idol to get exposure for her acting career and wasn't even interested in a recording contract. Thought that was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls View Post
    I watched the first episode online a week ago and thought it was good. I love theater and musicals, so this show already has an appeal for me anyway. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. I hope it does well. Also I saw a thing in Parade magazine in yesterday's paper where they had a little interview with Katherine McPhee and she said that she got into American Idol to get exposure for her acting career and wasn't even interested in a recording contract. Thought that was interesting.
    That is interesting.I like MPhee

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm not a fan of Glee, so maybe this one will be more palatable. Noticed that it will only be repeated about 12 times this week!
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'd say watch it and see what you think. I really loved it even though, of course, it's a bit predictable. Most TV is. What you hope for is that the ride is enjoyable and I thought this one was.

I am so glad I did.I Loved it! I only wish it had been two hours long! I also hope it does well.
    What beautiful voices ♪♫
    Uncle David likes this.

Just watched it live. Absolutely loved it. Count me in to watch this one despite the Monday night overload!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm not a fan of Glee, so maybe this one will be more palatable. Noticed that it will only be repeated about 12 times this week!
    I'm not surprised - I personally didn't watch it (though I wanted to) because it was up against "Castle." This could seriously hurt the show's chances long term, as "Castle" is still doing rather well on ABC, and unlike NBC, has a better history of series making it longer than a few episodes or a single season.

That said, I hope that it finds a slot it has a strong chance to stay on - from what snippets I have seen it looks to be very promising and more entertaining/grown up than the smug and self-promoting "Glee" is. Seriously - I"m looking forward to even trying it again once Lea Michele is off that show after "Graduating" - she is that annoying to me.
    pikachu likes this.

I love musicals / theater, so I'm really looking forward to it.
    Alos love McPhee and the others.
    I liked the 1st season of Glee, but then it turned into - we must build self esteem in every one in this cast. And, at the same time, we're going to add in as many annoying and over the top characters as possible.
    I'm hoping the only similarity with the 2 shows is the musical one.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread