+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    That might have been mentioned upthread, but I can't remember. That story did come out before the show premiered
    Thanks, Critical. I did not have a clue. As I said, I rarely read the gossip sites.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watched all but the last two episodes this weekend! What a marathon. I love the show. I think it's interesting how people see the characters in such different ways. I was instantly impressed with Ivy. She's a huge talent as Ivy and also in real life. I have no idea who she is. I haven't checked her out, but OMG. She has star quality IMO. It's something that's difficult to define.

I'm loving the acting by Debra Messing, but my, her character is so frustrating. She doesn't seem even close to really wanting a baby. Please. LOL

I was rather surprised that Katherine McPhee is portrayed the way she is. I don't find her even slightly right for a Monroe character. In fact, whenever she tries to be sexy, I just think it' funny. It's just not her. She's not a sexy, bombshell, IMO. Her solo performances are ones I can do without. It's just so not up to par when compared to the Ivy character. Katherine was very fortunate to get this role on Smash. Does anyone know how old she is?

I did look at the characters who will not be returning to the show. (I don't care about spoilers. It doesn't bother me at all to know what happens in advance.) I must say I'm confused as to how this going to work out. Hmmmmm.......

I can't wait until the next season. This is one my top 5 favorite shows!

CCL

She's 28.
    Two of the non-returning characters can easily be written out. The third
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the husband
    will be appearing intermittently I believe.
    Debb70 likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I did some research. I really like Megan Hilty who plays Ivy. Here's a link on her life and work. Very impressive.

Megan Hilty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I kept thinking the guy who plays Julia's writing partner was formerly on Weeds (Showtime series). Apparently, he just resembles him. Did anyone else see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched all but the last two episodes this weekend! What a marathon. I love the show. I think it's interesting how people see the characters in such different ways. I was instantly impressed with Ivy. She's a huge talent as Ivy and also in real life. I have no idea who she is. I haven't checked her out, but OMG. She has star quality IMO. It's something that's difficult to define.

I'm loving the acting by Debra Messing, but my, her character is so frustrating. She doesn't seem even close to really wanting a baby. Please. LOL

I was rather surprised that Katherine McPhee is portrayed the way she is. I don't find her even slightly right for a Monroe character. In fact, whenever she tries to be sexy, I just think it' funny. It's just not her. She's not a sexy, bombshell, IMO. Her solo performances are ones I can do without. It's just so not up to par when compared to the Ivy character. Katherine was very fortunate to get this role on Smash. Does anyone know how old she is?

I did look at the characters who will not be returning to the show. (I don't care about spoilers. It doesn't bother me at all to know what happens in advance.) I must say I'm confused as to how this going to work out. Hmmmmm.......

I can't wait until the next season. This is one my top 5 favorite shows!
    I like Ivy and her singing a million times more than Katherine's character.
    march and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I like Ivy and her singing a million times more than Katherine's character.
    Well I like the character Kat plays much more than the one Megan plays. I think their voices are equally good.

I realize that Megan Hilty has gotten some kudos in her theatrical career, but it looks like everything was a short run.
    Kat's original claim to fame is American Idol ... but she's done a few other things as well.

I think that Kat is more universally appealing than Megan (appearance wise) and while Megan's figure may more closely resemble MM facially I think her look is harder/older ... Katherine's face with the blonde wig looks more like MM and has a much softer and younger look.

JMO ...
    Last edited by echo226; 05-27-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Well I like the character Kat plays much more than the one Megan plays. I think their voices are equally good.

I realize that Megan Hilty has gotten some kudos in her theatrical career, but it looks like everything was a short run.
    Kat's original claim to fame is American Idol ... but she's done a few other things as well.

I think that Kat is more universally appealing than Megan (appearance wise) and while Megan's figure may more closely resemble MM facially I think her look is harder/older ... Katherine's face with the blonde wig looks more like MM and has a much softer and younger look.

JMO ...
    Hmmmm.....I couldn't disagree more about Katherine. IMO she is the opposite of Mariland. Everything from her body type to her personality is anti-MM to me. If I actually went to see a musical and Katherine were playing MM, I think I would be very shocked and disappointed, She's long, lanky, without much of a figure and doesn't give off the Bombshell vibe in my book. Nothing against Katherine. I think she's good at certain styles, but IMO she really looks out of place in that musical. Doing the preview without Ivy was a HUGE mistake in my mind. I guess we'll see what happens next season. I really hope they give Ivy some credit though. All the praise to Katherine just confuses me.

Does anyone know if each season will be about this same musical or will they move on to new ones?
    redsox girl and AlwaysVeg like this.

Hmmmm.....I couldn't disagree more about Katherine. IMO she is the opposite of Mariland. Everything from her body type to her personality is anti-MM to me. If I actually went to see a musical and Katherine were playing MM, I think I would be very shocked and disappointed, She's long, lanky, without much of a figure and doesn't give off the Bombshell vibe in my book. Nothing against Katherine. I think she's good at certain styles, but IMO she really looks out of place in that musical. Doing the preview without Ivy was a HUGE mistake in my mind. I guess we'll see what happens next season. I really hope they give Ivy some credit though. All the praise to Katherine just confuses me.

Does anyone know if each season will be about this same musical or will they move on to new ones?
    I agree Debb. I have a hard time seeing Katherine as MM even with the makeup and wig on. She does not give off that sexy bombshell appeal that is MM. She gives off a cute appeal but that is not MM.
    Moontat and Debb70 like this.

CCL

Pretty sure, at least for the foreseeable future, they will stick with this musical. They haven't even made it to Broadway yet ...they'll need to show them finding a venue, doing previews for the critics, starting the run etc.
    Debb70 likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I am fairly certain the basis will be this musical, but it certainly could spin to something else.

Back to Kat v. Megan as MM ... when I look at Kat's face I think she resembles Marilyn ... pouty, young and just soft facial features like the young MM.
    Megan has sharper facial features. Marilyn Monroe herself also came off as the innocent, naive blonde.

I agree with you about the body types. Incidentally ... Kat would probably be thrilled to be seen as lanky. She was a tad heavier on AI.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread