+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

I think Karen embodies the spirit of Marilyn. I don't like Ivy at all. I think she looks horrible in the Marilyn makeup and hair. Megan Hilty looks much better with a lot less makeup. She has a good voice, but I never root for her or want to watch her the way I do with Kat.

For me, the actress playing Marilyn doesn't need to look exactly like her (and I don't think Megan does look that much like her - she's not nearly as beautiful). Getting a lookalike isn't the point. For me, it's about telling her story and getting an actress who is compelling and that people want to watch. I think Kat has that in spades. Obviously, Derek cares about that too. I knew Karen was going to get the part when he kept imagining her as Marilyn.

I think there might be some back and forth with the lead role next season, but it seems like they may be setting Ivy up for a downward spiral/cautionary tale storyline instead.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Season 2 casting spoilers: 'Smash' Season 2: Two Stars Departing - Hollywood Reporter

Good news for many of us!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Season 2 casting spoilers: 'Smash' Season 2: Two Stars Departing - Hollywood Reporter

Good news for many of us!
    Just coming to post this! These departures are steps in the right direction. If this is the new showrunner's input, I cannot wait to see/hear more of it!

CCL

I'm ok with these departures though
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I will miss the eye candy that was Dev.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Really good news and I will not miss anything about most of them. I will miss
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Will Chase, not for the character, but because the man can really sing.

I don't quite understand why this needs spoiler tags since it is all over the internet and apparently no secret, but since those who came before me did it, I shall, too.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

If it hasn't happened on the actual show, we treat it like a spoiler.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Really good news and I will not miss anything about most of them. I will miss
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Will Chase, not for the character, but because the man can really sing.

I don't quite understand why this needs spoiler tags since it is all over the internet and apparently no secret, but since those who came before me did it, I shall, too.
    Thanks guys!!! I, for one, really appreciate posters putting any kind of 'advance information' into spoilers, because knowing what is going to happen somehow ruins my enjoyment of the show, especially if I don't like what it is that is going to happen! For that reason, many people don't watch the previews that are usually shown at the beginning and/or end of the shows, or go looking for information on-line. So I'm so glad that FORT encourages posters to put advance info into spoilers, to help those of us who would prefer not to know anything in advance.

Many of you may already know this; I didn't because I rarely read the gossip sites, but for those who don't, here's an item that confirms life imitating art. It seems that Debra Messing and Will Chase are both in the midst of divorcing their current spouses and are dating. I'm can't positively determine the time frame, but it looks as if they started seeing each other before the series premiere of the show.

I don't have an opinion on this as it is not my business, but I thought it interesting because of the stuff in the spoiler.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

That might have been mentioned upthread, but I can't remember. That story did come out before the show premiered

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow...must make it hard to play those "I'm such a slime for cheating, what have I done to my family" scenes!
    JavaJo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread