+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

FORT Fogey

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I wouldn't mind if it became a traveling show. I'd love it if it came to my area. I'd definitely watch!
    Same. The show started off very slow but I stuck it out. I really liked it toward the end. There are some really great songs on the show and the two female lead vocalists are amazing. The rest of the cast is spot on as well. And, the Marilyn story is perfect. Emotional and compelling and relatable 50 years later to these two young stars.

Love it....may even by the soundtrack and that is something I never do. And if I had the funds (broke now), I'd go see a live production in a heartbeat.

Glee for aduts. Just my thing.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-17-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I don't know that I would call Uma plain-faced. But it was ludicrous that they kept going on about how her (Uma's) costumes were way too big for Kat. Maybe in terms of height (though I think Kat is relatively tall?) but she's not four sizes bigger than Kat. Not in this universe at least.
    I wouldn't call Uma plain-faced either. I'd call her UGLY!!!!!! Glad she's off the show.

LOVED, LOVED LOVED the show (soap opera-ish or not!) and I can't wait until next year for Season 2!!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    According to IMBD, Uma Thurman is 6 ft. tall and Katherine McPhee is 5 ft. 8 in.
    I think they even said in the show there was a 4 inch difference in height. And it won't all be in the legs so they can't just shorten the hem. MM's costumes are generally very tight fitting so the waist needs to hit just right.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

As to Ivy being not a professional in giving in to her demons and telling Karen about Dev, to try to derail her as Marilyn---yes, it isn't professional, but Ivy had been through a lot of ups and downs on this....thinking she's MM, then replaced by the movie star, then thinking she's MM because she knows most of the moves and songs due to her earlier work (and Karen hasn't been taught the blocking, steps, etc. yet), and then out...plus the pressure from her famous mom...I can see it. To be demoted to just a the chorus AGAIN....or maybe the understudy to Karen...yikes.
    I can see another season to get it to Broadway....then it doesn't have quite the same drama.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I think they even said in the show there was a 4 inch difference in height. And it won't all be in the legs so they can't just shorten the hem. MM's costumes are generally very tight fitting so the waist needs to hit just right.
    Uma lookslike she has a long torso, too, whereas Kat doesn't. That would definitely be a cause to alter the clothing.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I watched the first 3 episodes ON Demand this past weekend. I can't watch to watch the rest. I'm loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    As to Ivy being not a professional in giving in to her demons and telling Karen about Dev, to try to derail her as Marilyn---yes, it isn't professional, but Ivy had been through a lot of ups and downs on this....thinking she's MM, then replaced by the movie star, then thinking she's MM because she knows most of the moves and songs due to her earlier work (and Karen hasn't been taught the blocking, steps, etc. yet), and then out...plus the pressure from her famous mom...I can see it. To be demoted to just a the chorus AGAIN....or maybe the understudy to Karen...yikes.
    I can see another season to get it to Broadway....then it doesn't have quite the same drama.
    I think Ivy has demonstrated throughout the season that she's willing to do whatever it takes to get what she wants, regardless of who gets hurt. Doing that to Karen seemed pretty consistent. I feel sorry for her and the ups and downs that she's gone through, but I think she's hungry enough for success that she would have done exactly the same thing when not under stress.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Enjoyed the season finale but I just don't see Katherine McPhee as Marilyn at all. Ivy fits the Marilyn profile much better.
    Moontat likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Enjoyed the season finale but I just don't see Katherine McPhee as Marilyn at all. Ivy fits the Marilyn profile much better.
    Totally agree with you, march. As much as I love Katherine McPhee and don't care much for Megan Hilty, I think Megan's Ivy is much, much more convincing as Marilyn. Katherine is just too tall and angular to look like Marilyn -- and although she does have the ability to convey Marilyn's 'sensitive' side, Megan is, over-all, much more like Marilyn. With her voluptuous boobs and curvier/heavier body, she looks much more the part, and she has the ability to be super sexy and go over the top in a much more Marilyn-like way.
    march and Moontat like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, if she's the understudy, maybe we'll get to see her version as they move towards, or onto, Broadway. I still do like the idea of the one for the young MM and the other for MM the star.

+ Reply to Thread