+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I'd see the play! Particularly if Kat starred in it,

What a great ending. I'll definitely be there next season.
    Im not sure if I would pay for a Broadway ticket in its current state but I do love me some Kat (this goes back to when I voted for her on AI!). I actually loved the different take on the musical when they had the dude from OneRepublic come in and edge it up--and I LOVED "Touch Me"-both the song and crazy production/staging. If there was a show like that (different, dark, edgy, weird) then I would be spinning wheels to NYC.
    Uncle David likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I didn't understand the confusion about which girl would play Marilyn. I always assumed the understudy was trained to take over if the main star was unable to perform. What's the point of naming someone as an understudy and then not teaching them the routines?? That part of the show really bothered me. Presumably, Karen has been at all the workshops Ivy's been at and she is the understudy so there should have been no question that she would step in when Rebecca left and she should have had all the training she needed to do it.

That nitpick aside, I loved the finale and I'm glad Ellis got revealed as the rat he is.

What do you think will happen with the couples now? I don't know if Karen will forgive Dev for sleeping with Ivy and she and Derek seem to be bonding more. They might have a one time thing together or maybe Karen will hook up with someone else. I think Ivy and Derek are probably over. I hope Julia ends up being pregnant by her husband so that they can be solidly back together. It looked like Eileen's ex was at the opening to see whether her musical flopped or took off and to position himself to worm his way back into her life. I think she'll stay with Nick, though.

I don't really know where the show can go in season two. Yes, the show makes the move to Broadway but will that make the plot just like season one only on a grander scale? What happens to this cast of characters once the Marilyn musical is over? Do they go their separate ways and work in different productions or do they start a new musical? I'm just worried that by focusing on putting together a musical, the show has limited itself to how many seasons it can return.
    Great shows, especially musicals, can run for 3, 4, 5, even 10 years or more on Broadway, and there are always stories to tell. Problems with critics, stars getting sick, or worse, or getting offered movies and need to be replaced, general things that happen in life having not much to do with theater. There is also the underlying story about tje apparently less than savory investors that Nick brought in. I see lots of potential stories for next season, only a few of which I've mentioned here.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

would it be could if it actually ended on Broadway for real? most of the singers and dancers are not just actors in the show, they have that background.

Just watched it on Hulu, and I really enjoyed it, even though I knew exactly what was going to happen. (Couldn't wait. Had to get spoiled. )
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    would it be could if it actually ended on Broadway for real? most of the singers and dancers are not just actors in the show, they have that background.
    I wouldn't mind if it became a traveling show. I'd love it if it came to my area. I'd definitely watch!
    Jexter and Uncle David like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

CCL

Regarding Karen playing the role...they mentioned several times that the understuwasps not trained in the role until the preview/tech is done. She would have seen the role performed, and would know the songs (she didn't seem to have a problem with the words) fairly well, but the movements, when to be where, she would not know.

I thought the last song was horrible and Kat didn't sound great. She sounded good otherwise.

Ugh. If Julia's husband is not the father....even still, there will be the question till she pops and the baby can be tested.

I like Ivy. I don't see her attempting suicide; it's not in her character.

Ellis...don't think that's the last we will see of him.

Show won't be back till midseason next year so a long wait.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

If Julia's husband is not the father...
    I have been thinking about that ... and remember that they were working on an adoption ... so while there may be questions ... it may turn out for the best in the long run.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Who is John Galt?

I thought Smash was just okay - not awful and not wonderful - just okay. I love Katherine McPhee (she should have won Idol hands down). She played the young, naive girl very well. The contrast between her character and the ruthlessly ambitious, jaded Ivy character was a bit too marked. I wanted to like Ivy, but her nasty treatment of Kat and Dev revealing his cheating with absolutely no guilt made me dislike her immensely. Also, in what universe would Uma Thurman EVER be cast to play Marilyn Monroe. Except for the blonde hair and large chest, she is way too tall, too skinny, and too plain faced to be the very curvy, doll faced Marilyn.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

CCL

I don't know that I would call Uma plain-faced. But it was ludicrous that they kept going on about how her (Uma's) costumes were way too big for Kat. Maybe in terms of height (though I think Kat is relatively tall?) but she's not four sizes bigger than Kat. Not in this universe at least.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Who is John Galt?

According to IMBD, Uma Thurman is 6 ft. tall and Katherine McPhee is 5 ft. 8 in.

+ Reply to Thread