+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I can see Rebecca doing it. She didn't start sipping that shake until someone was in the room with her (Karen) to save her bacon and you could see her struggling to choke it down. Then she later tells Karen she could taste the peanuts. If you know something is in there that can kill you...why take a second drink? So I can absolutely see her doing it to herself. Then again...Ellis would do it, too. He's that type.

This show is finally hitting its stride for me. I almost gave it up in the early weeks but hung on for some reason. Now I'm glad I did!
    As someone who has an allergy to raw bananas (no I'm not making this up), sometimes the second taste is a knee jerk reaction - denial or reflexes from the allergy attack that cause it. Still... if the peanuts were THAT strong in the taste she'd known pretty quickly.

Saw the final episode of the season tonight, and I have to say I'm rather impressed with the show (haven't been able to see much of it this season). I also love the fact that they made sure to say thank you and tease for the second season - especially with NBC's bad habit right now to cancel shows after a single season. Kinda funny given the nature of this show in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    So as NOT to spoil it.....Bye Ellis!.......Oh No Ivy, don't do it.....GREAT GREAT ending Tom & Julia.......WOW!!!! can't wait for season 2....where can I get the DVD of season 1
    So who is the father , if Julia is pregnant. I hope Ivy doesn't take the pills. Well done Kat!

Smash is smashing success.I cant wait for next season!! I have the CD to keep me going
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So who is the father , if Julia is pregnant. I hope Ivy doesn't take the pills. Well done Kat!
    I'm guessing the father has to be Michael. It wouldn't be much of a soap opera if he weren't. And let's face it. This is a soap opera!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I'm guessing the father has to be Michael. It wouldn't be much of a soap opera if he weren't. And let's face it. This is a soap opera!

I will wait and see . Someone said it was too obvious for Ellis to try and poison Rebbecca, and yet, he did.
    -Andy Rooney-

I really must love bad boys because I got a little giddy when Derek told Dev, "She's mine now."

We've heard it so many times, but I still got goosebumps when Karen started to sing "Let Me Be Your Star" tonight.

I kept waiting to feel sorry for Ivy, but I never did. She's been in the business long enough to know how things go. Professionals don't behave like that.
    FireWoman, mindy384 and LuckyMom like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I'd see the play! Particularly if Kat starred in it,

What a great ending. I'll definitely be there next season.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I'd see the play! Particularly if Kat starred in it,

What a great ending. I'll definitely be there next season.
    Yes, me too. ( sigh) you would love the soundtrack .I play it often, and I play it loudly.Love it!
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    ...you would love the soundtrack.
    I downloaded it the day it was released.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't understand the confusion about which girl would play Marilyn. I always assumed the understudy was trained to take over if the main star was unable to perform. What's the point of naming someone as an understudy and then not teaching them the routines?? That part of the show really bothered me. Presumably, Karen has been at all the workshops Ivy's been at and she is the understudy so there should have been no question that she would step in when Rebecca left and she should have had all the training she needed to do it.

That nitpick aside, I loved the finale and I'm glad Ellis got revealed as the rat he is.

What do you think will happen with the couples now? I don't know if Karen will forgive Dev for sleeping with Ivy and she and Derek seem to be bonding more. They might have a one time thing together or maybe Karen will hook up with someone else. I think Ivy and Derek are probably over. I hope Julia ends up being pregnant by her husband so that they can be solidly back together. It looked like Eileen's ex was at the opening to see whether her musical flopped or took off and to position himself to worm his way back into her life. I think she'll stay with Nick, though.

I don't really know where the show can go in season two. Yes, the show makes the move to Broadway but will that make the plot just like season one only on a grander scale? What happens to this cast of characters once the Marilyn musical is over? Do they go their separate ways and work in different productions or do they start a new musical? I'm just worried that by focusing on putting together a musical, the show has limited itself to how many seasons it can return.

FORT Fogey

what i loved the most is that we didn't have much any interruption in the show. if it was ABC they would take weeks of break like they did with revenge or one new episode every 2/3 weeks
    Last edited by jacobson00; 05-15-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Uncle David likes this.

+ Reply to Thread