+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    I think Julia feels as though Tom betrayed their "friendship". They have refered to their careers together as a "marriage". When songwriters/playwriters are partnered they are very much "married" to their projects, often calling them their "babies". Maybe they are trying to show that Julia feels betrayed by Tom for not protecting her from Michael knowing how his presence affects her.

I love this show and all the intertwining of characters. I enjoy the "story" of producing the play as well as the singing. , an I am totally loving the Ivy and Karen friendship/hate/struggle.....(I also think Ivy HAS the ring!)
    It will be interesting with the recent events to see if Ivy gives in to Karen as the lead due to her "regret" for sleeping with Dev?
    Oh yes! I agree with everything you have said. Its wonderful seeing the characters interacting with one another, and their lives entwined like this..So we see a few good story lines going on at the same time. No wonder this is a Smash! reading different forums they are loving this show!

Now, did Ellis put peanut in her drink? I think he wanted her out of the picture so Ivy could be Marilyn.

I love ths show!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

As much as I like Karen, I think Ivy is still the better Marilyn. Karen is just too stick thin and the wig...well...it looks like a wig! Ivy is thin too, but she has curves in the right places as did Marilyn and of course she is a blonde anyway so the wig isn't as strange-looking on her. I like Karen as Norma Jean before she 'transforms' into Marilyn.

Seems almost too obvious that Ellis 'poisoned' the shake. After all, he was in charge (at least at the beginning) of preparing her shakes, is an evil character and made it known that he thought Rebecca was responsible for tanking the show (he said she was the problem that resulted in the lack of applause and he is delusional about his 'producer' role). Seems like the perfect storm to me...

Then again, maybe it was Rebecca herself (I would be more inclined to believe this if she was slated for more appearances to flesh this reasoning out).

That only leaves Ivy and the director (both who were purposefully shown to be around early enough)--Ivy because she hates Rebecca and the director because he knows he has two better leads....?

I can see Rebecca doing it. She didn't start sipping that shake until someone was in the room with her (Karen) to save her bacon and you could see her struggling to choke it down. Then she later tells Karen she could taste the peanuts. If you know something is in there that can kill you...why take a second drink? So I can absolutely see her doing it to herself. Then again...Ellis would do it, too. He's that type.

This show is finally hitting its stride for me. I almost gave it up in the early weeks but hung on for some reason. Now I'm glad I did!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    As much as I like Karen, I think Ivy is still the better Marilyn. Karen is just too stick thin and the wig...well...it looks like a wig! Ivy is thin too, but she has curves in the right places as did Marilyn and of course she is a blonde anyway so the wig isn't as strange-looking on her. I like Karen as Norma Jean before she 'transforms' into Marilyn.
    I agree, much better, that's why the two( Karen and Ivy) work so well.
    -Andy Rooney-

AAAAHHHHH...I KNEW it!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ivy has the damn ring!

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    AAAAHHHHH...I KNEW it!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ivy has the damn ring!
    Me too

Click to see Spoiler:
    Yes I thought she had, and that Ellis did the peanut poisoning
    -Andy Rooney-

So as NOT to spoil it.....Bye Ellis!.......Oh No Ivy, don't do it.....GREAT GREAT ending Tom & Julia.......WOW!!!! can't wait for season 2....where can I get the DVD of season 1
    maxkl likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Loved the show. Some of it predictable, but still loved it.
    fan*addict likes this.

my thoughts for season 2.....

The show will be a SMASH!(ha..no pun intended!)...Karen will be the next "star" and the play will move to Broadway. Of course, Karen took it from the "workshop" to Broadwayl; BUT can she pull off Broadway?...hmmmm me thinks that Ivy, and more importantly her mother (Bernadette Peters) will have "show time"!

Oh ! and Julia will be pregnant so no need to go through with the adoption plans.....

All I know is I can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread