+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He kissed RJ and went to bed with Ivy
    Julia had a longstanding affair with another man while married, and then, intentionally, and with abandon, rekindled that affair.

Dev kissed RJ (in fact, she kissed him) while they were drinking together, and then he insisted they stop. Not even in the same universe, let alone on the same plane.

As to Dev sleeping with Ivy, I don't see any excuse for that. However, I don't know the circumstances, or if it even happened. Wouldn't be the first dream sequence I've seen. Still, a one night stand is not even close to knowingly rekindling an old affair when you have a husband and a teenage son. Julia didn't just succumb in the heat of the moment. She sought it out with malice aforethought.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Julia had a longstanding affair with another man while married, and then, intentionally, and with abandon, rekindled that affair.

Dev kissed RJ (in fact, she kissed him) while they were drinking together, and then he insisted they stop. Not even in the same universe, let alone on the same plane.

As to Dev sleeping with Ivy, I don't see any excuse for that. However, I don't know the circumstances, or if it even happened. Wouldn't be the first dream sequence I've seen. Still, a one night stand is not even close to knowingly rekindling an old affair when you have a husband and a teenage son. Julia didn't just succumb in the heat of the moment. She sought it out with malice aforethought.
    It happened

Julia paid a price, and was willing to give up the show . Dev is a dog
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

pikachu---Dev wasn't able to watch the rehearsals because of extra security because of the movie star's presence, or so Karen said. I would have been surprised as well, but Dev really wasn't seeming to catch on that this was not a good time...he didn't discuss it with her at all. I think he came to Boston because he was scared at his behavior with RJ. And of course runs into Ivy when she's on a rampage and he's in the dumps. Not that I'm excusing either of them---if they ever listen to Karen they each know who the other is....how many Ivy and Devs can there be hanging out at a bar near the theater hotel.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Dev is a dog
    So far Dev has done nothing but rebuke a beautiful woman's advances. Julia, on the other hand, has had a long running affair... etc, etc, etc! And yet, Dev is the dog?!

Hence my original comment about double standards.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

So far Dev has done nothing but rebuke a beautiful woman's advances. Julia, on the other hand, has had a long running affair... etc, etc, etc! And yet, Dev is the dog?!

Hence my original comment about double standards.
    It's not an either/or situation. Calling Dev a dog doesn't mean that Julia isn't at fault too.

My problem with Dev sleeping with with Ivy (beyond the fact that he did it at all) is that he KNOWS that of every woman in the world, his sleeping with her would hurt Karen the most.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't think Julia is getting a pass necessarily. For me I don't watch the show a whole lot and typically not all the way through. Usually where I have flipped away is Julia's scenes because I personally didn't want to watch her fling and as a result of her fling I don't find her remotely sympathetic. Last time the show was on I seriously was sitting there thinking... "Really they're going to put a bunch of actors and a whole broadway show at risk because of her inability to keep her legs closed???"

I felt Dev was likely going to cross a line from the get go of when I started watching. It was hinted at more than once. So for me it wasn't a matter of if but a matter of when with him. So I wasn't his biggest fan either from the get go. I too would consider his make out session cheating because it's obvious he has been at least emotionally cheating on her for awhile. For me I wouldn't have cared about his issue if he had gone to a strip club paid a girl some extra and had a good time but the fact, like Julia, he entered in to this emotional affair bothered me.

So far Dev has done nothing but rebuke a beautiful woman's advances.
    Not true, he slept with Ivy. Dev is a dog.
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

He hasn't done it yet, Fanny. It was alluded to in the previews but hasn't happened on the show so Uncle David is right.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    He hasn't done it yet, Fanny. It was alluded to in the previews but hasn't happened on the show so Uncle David is right.
    I think he has done it by now( or next week) LOL

I do understand what uncle David is saying
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't know this thread was here. YAY! I really like the show but could do without all the sex, sleeping around, etc. I'm a purist. Anyway, I wanted to say that both Julia and Dev are dogs. Kissing another person is considered cheating when in a marraige or just dating. Thinking of another person that isn't your significant other is cheating. That's just my opinion.

I thought Ivy had seen Dev before though? Maybe not meet him but seen him. I could be wrong. She has had it in for Karen since day 1 (jealousy) so this was her way to sink teeth into her.

I think Karen sings better on some songs and Ivy better on others. Different types of voices.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread