+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't understand why they act like there's no choice but to bring Michael back and Julia has to accept it. Really, how many actors are there waiting for a big break? I'm sure there are plenty of other actors who could take the part. If nothing else, Tom could play the part! It rubbed me wrong that they bend over backward to satisfy the star of the show's whims (Uma) but one of the people largely responsible for creating the show was told to suck it up and accept a situation that has already thrown her marriage off-kilter once before?
    They needed someone who knew the part immediately. They couldn't afford to wait to teach someone all the songs and numbers - they were burning through money on the venue. Plus, it creates drama and conflict.

I don't get why Karen's boyfriend wasn't able to watch rehearsals or whatever they were doing. I also don't get why she got so huffy with him after he confessed that he could have been with RJ but decided he only wanted to be with her. She said something about him cheating but it seems to me he quit with RJ just short of cheating. Plus, he told her about it so he wasn't hiding it. He should have told her about his trouble with his job sooner and he shouldn't have dismissed her job as "that stupid play" but I think his feelings for her were sincere. Maybe there's some other reason she's just not into him anymore.
    For MANY people (including me) making out with someone IS cheating. I know I wouldn't be thrilled to receive a marriage proposal from someone right after he had cheated on me.

The thing is, until next week's episode, all we know is that Dev and Ivy had a drink at the bar. We don't know that they slept together.

I have to say, I pretty much hated this episode. I don't enjoy watching people treat each other so cruelly. The only bright spot was Julia and Frank beginning to reconcile. I hope Michael coming back next week doesn't mess with that. He seemed charming at first. Now he just seems like a selfish user.

I wasn't surprised at all that Derek slept with Rebecca. His morals have always seemed........ fluid to me. If sleeping with Rebecca elicits a better performance from her, he's going to do it.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't understand why they act like there's no choice but to bring Michael back and Julia has to accept it. Really, how many actors are there waiting for a big break? I'm sure there are plenty of other actors who could take the part. If nothing else, Tom could play the part! It rubbed me wrong that they bend over backward to satisfy the star of the show's whims (Uma) but one of the people largely responsible for creating the show was told to suck it up and accept a situation that has already thrown her marriage off-kilter once before?

I had to laugh at Julia in bed snacking on peanut butter from the jar and bananas. I've done that before but usually without bananas. Sometimes I just have such a craving for peanut butter, I'll eat it straight from the jar with a spoon or a knife. Sometimes I have it with a chocolate bar.

I don't get why Karen's boyfriend wasn't able to watch rehearsals or whatever they were doing. I also don't get why she got so huffy with him after he confessed that he could have been with RJ but decided he only wanted to be with her. She said something about him cheating but it seems to me he quit with RJ just short of cheating. Plus, he told her about it so he wasn't hiding it. He should have told her about his trouble with his job sooner and he shouldn't have dismissed her job as "that stupid play" but I think his feelings for her were sincere. Maybe there's some other reason she's just not into him anymore.

Derek is a dog. Ivy can do better than him, but why does it have to be Karen's boyfriend she hooks up with? Surely she knows who he is when she runs into him at the bar.
    Of course Ivy knows who he is. Ivy has been doing sneaky/snakey things to Karen right along. I also find it hard to believe that Dev doesn't relate the name Ivy to Karen's competition for the lead. I am sure Karen must have mentioned it many times. Dev and Ivy deserve each other.

Ivy slept with Derek to get a leg up on the competition and she did. Derek is a horn-dog and this seems to be what he does. He is the director, and all 3 (Karen, Ivy, and Rebecca) have all had the chance to sleep with him and Karen is the only one who declined. The way things are working out, Karma seems to be doing it's job.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

The thing is, until next week's episode, all we know is that Dev and Ivy had a drink at the bar. We don't know that they slept together
    They showed them in bed. I didn't think Ivy knew who Dev was.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    They needed someone who knew the part immediately. They couldn't afford to wait to teach someone all the songs and numbers - they were burning through money on the venue. Plus, it creates drama and conflict.

For MANY people (including me) making out with someone IS cheating. I know I wouldn't be thrilled to receive a marriage proposal from someone right after he had cheated on me.

The thing is, until next week's episode, all we know is that Dev and Ivy had a drink at the bar. We don't know that they slept together.

I have to say, I pretty much hated this episode. I don't enjoy watching people treat each other so cruelly. The only bright spot was Julia and Frank beginning to reconcile. I hope Michael coming back next week doesn't mess with that. He seemed charming at first. Now he just seems like a selfish user.

I wasn't surprised at all that Derek slept with Rebecca. His morals have always seemed........ fluid to me. If sleeping with Rebecca elicits a better performance from her, he's going to do it.
    Critical ... wasn't there a shot of Dev and Ivy in bed with Ivy looking pleased and sated?

ETA looks like Fanny Mare and I saw the same thing ... but I do think Ivy knew exactly who he was. A name like Dev is unusual, and we know Karen mentioned him and his name. I think maybe the name Ivy didn't click right away with Dev, but a little talk, perhaps crying in their drinks, before hopping into bed had to have revealed things.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-01-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

wasn't there a shot of Dev and Ivy in bed with Ivy looking pleased and sated?
    yup
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Critical ... wasn't there a shot of Dev and Ivy in bed with Ivy looking pleased and sated?

ETA looks like Fanny Mare and I saw the same thing ... but I do think Ivy knew exactly who he was. A name like Dev is unusual, and we know Karen mentioned him and his name. I think maybe the name Ivy didn't click right away with Dev, but a little talk, perhaps crying in their drinks, before hopping into bed had to have revealed things.
    Was that in the previews? I must have missed that then. Well, ick. I blame Ivy more than Dev. He's already proved himself to be faithless, but she KNEW that was Karen's bf and didn't know they had just had a fight. So much for the kinder, gentler Ivy.

I thought there was a look of recognition from both of them when they introduced each other at the bar. I think Dev knew exactly who that was.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

ETA looks like Fanny Mare and I saw the same thing ... but I do think Ivy knew exactly who he was. A name like Dev is unusual, and we know Karen mentioned him and his name. I think maybe the name Ivy didn't click right away with Dev, but a little talk, perhaps crying in their drinks, before hopping into bed had to have revealed things

Thanks echo226.I thought they didnt know one another, but you are right , they must have talked. Damn.I will hate it when Karen find out
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Was that in the previews? I must have missed that then. Well, ick. I blame Ivy more than Dev. He's already proved himself to be faithless, but she KNEW that was Karen's bf and didn't know they had just had a fight. So much for the kinder, gentler Ivy.

I thought there was a look of recognition from both of them when they introduced each other at the bar. I think Dev knew exactly who that was.
    I just finished watching it (knowing that they would be meeting in the bar), and both definitely did a pause of "knowing" when the other said their name.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Julia seems to have gotten a pass for rekindling a past affair, (not just an indiscretion) but Dev is being tarred and feathered for kissing and then showing restraint. Talk about your double standards.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Julia seems to have gotten a pass for rekindling a past affair, (not just an indiscretion) but Dev is being tarred and feathered for kissing and then showing restraint. Talk about your double standards.
    He kissed RJ and went to bed with Ivy
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread