+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Oh, ok. Since there was a tv on in the restaurant they were at, I thought the number was taken from a tv show or movie.

I'm still amazed at how impressed I am by Katherine McPhee in Smash. I didn't like her on American Idol. Maybe it was just her song choices that didn't appeal to me or the way the judges fawned over her. I'm glad that I've gotten to see her in a different light on this show. She's a very good actress and a natural performer, both in singing and in dancing.
    Kat has really grown as a singer, and I too have really warmed to her. I am happy to see her doing well, I feel that she has surpassed the season's winner in commercial success. Then again, i never warmed to Taylor Hicks and didn't care for Elliott at all. I still feel Chris Daughtry should have won.. but that's just me.
    pikachu and twochicklets like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Kat has really grown as a singer, and I too have really warmed to her. I am happy to see her doing well, I feel that she has surpassed the season's winner in commercial success. Then again, i never warmed to Taylor Hicks and didn't care for Elliott at all. [B]I still feel Chris Daughtry should [/B]have won.. but that's just me.
    No it's not just you.I thought Chris should have won. I think Kat does so well in this show, I am happy for her
    FireWoman likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The Bollywood number was great fun! I loved seeing Dev and others performing in that genre.

Ivy was certainly sneaky and evil last night. Can't wait to see the outcome of that. Do you all think that Uma character really likes Karen, or does she have an ulterior motive for what she's doing?
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 04-25-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typo
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

CCL

Didn't a preview show Uma telling them to fire Karen? I don't think that is a spoiler as I didn't read it anywhere so I'm sure it was in one of the previews. I thought it was going to be in Monday's episode judging on the goings-on but guess not.
    Disappointed that Kat is so enamoured with Uma that she is willing to ignore her boyfriend etc on her behest. :/
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Didn't a preview show Uma telling them to fire Karen? I don't think that is a spoiler as I didn't read it anywhere so I'm sure it was in one of the previews. I thought it was going to be in Monday's episode judging on the goings-on but guess not.
    Disappointed that Kat is so enamoured with Uma that she is willing to ignore her boyfriend etc on her behest. :/
    Yes a preview showed that... Uma seems to be setting Karen up or getting to know her enough to unravel things in her life.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer?

Really enjoying this show. I didn't like it that much the first few episodes, but it's really grown on me!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer?
    I don't think that's in Kat's mindset at all. It would be in Ivy Lynn's. She just seems enthralled with Uma and that a real! live! movie! star! would be paying attention to her...whereas it would make me think "Where are all the long-standing friends of this woman that she has so much time to hang out with just me, night after night?"
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Uma's been told via the weasely spy that singers don't like her and hope she gets replaced....so makes sense for her to start by destroying the understudy who's the prime candidate to replace her. And then when she hears how good the shadow song was suddenly she doesn't want shadow singers for it.

Kudos to Uma for playing this not very flattering view of her "real" self.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't understand why they act like there's no choice but to bring Michael back and Julia has to accept it. Really, how many actors are there waiting for a big break? I'm sure there are plenty of other actors who could take the part. If nothing else, Tom could play the part! It rubbed me wrong that they bend over backward to satisfy the star of the show's whims (Uma) but one of the people largely responsible for creating the show was told to suck it up and accept a situation that has already thrown her marriage off-kilter once before?

I had to laugh at Julia in bed snacking on peanut butter from the jar and bananas. I've done that before but usually without bananas. Sometimes I just have such a craving for peanut butter, I'll eat it straight from the jar with a spoon or a knife. Sometimes I have it with a chocolate bar.

I don't get why Karen's boyfriend wasn't able to watch rehearsals or whatever they were doing. I also don't get why she got so huffy with him after he confessed that he could have been with RJ but decided he only wanted to be with her. She said something about him cheating but it seems to me he quit with RJ just short of cheating. Plus, he told her about it so he wasn't hiding it. He should have told her about his trouble with his job sooner and he shouldn't have dismissed her job as "that stupid play" but I think his feelings for her were sincere. Maybe there's some other reason she's just not into him anymore.

Derek is a dog. Ivy can do better than him, but why does it have to be Karen's boyfriend she hooks up with? Surely she knows who he is when she runs into him at the bar.

I hated that Dev cheated with Ivy. What a pitiful insecure little guy he is.He nearly cheated with RJ.When he cant see Karen, he decides to sleep with someone else.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread