+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

No David, he was slated to be a pro but tore his other achilles tendon before the season started.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I love this show and just wish Ellis would be totally found out and blackballed in the business. The little snake.
    Florimel likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

To take a word from wrestling, tv shows thrive with a good "heel", but Ellis isn't good. Nor is he entertaining or tolerable.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    To take a word from wrestling, tv shows thrive with a good "heel", but Ellis isn't good. Nor is he entertaining or tolerable.
    So true. I don't watch wrestling, but I would use the examples of Ben Linus and John Locke from Lost. Both were very villainous characters, but both managed to evoke sympathy and no one wanted them gone from the show. It takes good writing and outstanding acting to pull that off and I could easily add some other from Lost and from other good shows. We have neither in Ellis.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I am looking forward to seeing what Uma will do tonight- love this show!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Anybody here a fan of sytycd? In the Broadway scenes there was an Asian man dancing in a green track suit....that was Alex Wong. I'm hoping he is a pro on the show this season.
    Dang, I didn't notice! Usually I'm playing games on Facebook while watching Smash so I'm only partially paying attention to it. I'll have to go back and watch the episode again to look for him.

Great episode last night! I'm really enjoying Thorsten Kaye. I was a fan of All My Children and remember him from it so it's great to have him in another show I watch. I wish Vincent Irizarry could join the show, too.

They don't really have to worry too much about a star ruining the musical. They only needed to hire a star to lure in potential investors but they have an investor now and I don't think he cares if they have a star or not. They can choose Ivy or Karen to be their star if things don't work out with Rebecca.
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-10-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Florimel likes this.

I'm kind of hoping that Uma is there to play a star who really isn't at all good at doing musical theater. I think it would be kind of fun and make for an interesting problem that they have to resolve. Especially, since it looks like Derek is kind of falling in love with the idea of Karen as Marilyn,
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Based on the preview last night, that's what happens. She stinks and then she asks them if they can take out the singing.

Not an Uma fan, so the quicker she's gone, the better.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Based on the preview last night, that's what happens. She stinks and then she asks them if they can take out the singing.

Ahh. Good to know. Since I watch at Hulu, I miss the previews.

Also, just have to say that I loved Tom's performance as Zanuck last night! He was sooo good!
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 04-11-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: More to say and didn't want to double-post
    JavaJo likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

I think we're stuck with her till the end of the season. Five episodes and counting.

+ Reply to Thread