+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

DOUBLE ICK to the idea of Uma Thurman as Marilyn. She has a great body but not a very pretty face. And she's way too old now.

Have to say, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this episode and found it wonderfully mesmorizing!!!! And I love the ever expanding plot lines. Every week I think the show couldn't get any better and every week it DOES!!! Fabulous and bravo to the whole company for a very, very wonderful show. Finally!!!!

Uma Thurman is coming to the show soon. I wonder if she will be one of the stars they try out as Marilyn. Ick.

She is pregant with child number three, so I doubt she will be Marilyn I will enjoy her trying out for it. Ivy will no doubt pout
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She is pregant with child number three, so I doubt she will be Marilyn I will enjoy her trying out for it. Ivy will no doubt pout
    That's the only part I'll enjoy! I just don't get the allure of Uma. Never have. She's okay, but I've never understood all the fuss over her. The choice between her and Janeane Garafalo in The Truth About Cats and Dogs? No brainer! Maybe that's because I'm a straight woman, I don't know....

Now that they keep talking about getting a "star" to play Marilyn, I'm having visions of horrifying montage sequences with various well-known actresses trying out for the part like in cheesy romantic comedies. Please don't let Uma sing! It cannot be good.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've liked how Uma looks. Her face to me is interesting and I can't help but admire her amazingly long legs. But that's just me. Different people like different things.

I watch this show half playing attention but I just can't get into Kat's voice. I never was really a big fan of her singing and I like the actress who plays Ivy's voice better. So that's what makes it hard for me to watch the show that and it feels like it should be a 2 hour broadway show just how it's acted and edited that is being drug out meaning I feel some of the characters feel like they're not really moving anywhere to me.

I hear they're going to try to improve on that next season though.
    its_glinda_now likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm looking forward to Smash tonight! I guess it must be a hit with me because it's the highlight of my Monday night tv viewing, more than Dancing With the Stars or The Voice. I hope tonight is a good episode!

BTW, I'm not a Uma Thurman fan either. I don't even like her name. I would have changed it if I was going into show business.

I've liked how Uma looks. Her face to me is interesting and I can't help but admire her amazingly long legs. But that's just me. Different people like different things

I guess we will see how she does. I look forward to seeing her This is a great show, I wish it was 2 hours long!
    pikachu likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I could see Gwyneth Paltrow and/or Katie Holmes trying out for Marilyn!

CCL

Please not Gwyneth Paltrow, please not Gwyneth Paltrow, please not Gwyneth Paltrow...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Please not Gwyneth Paltrow, please not Gwyneth Paltrow, please not Gwyneth Paltrow...
    I'm just curious as to why not? She's quite talented and her mother is very respected as a Broadway musical star.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

Because I find her insufferable as a human being...she thinks a lot of herself so I don't have to do so.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread