+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

This show has been picked up for next season.

Here is a little more information on the renewel. There are no major spoilers but it does talk about the direction season 2 will take.

NBC Renews Smash: What’s on Tap for Season 2? - TVLine
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Here is a little more information on the renewel. There are no major spoilers but it does talk about the direction season 2 will take.

NBC Renews Smash: What’s on Tap for Season 2? - TVLine
    Thanks for the link! I'm glad that I can relax a bit and enjoy the show without worrying!

Did you notice the link in that story? Brian D'Arcy James is going to sing!
    tvline.com/2012/03/22/smash-episode-8-video-brian-darcy-james/
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't care why Thorsten is on the show and really don't care if his character helps move the plot along. Sometimes, it's just nice to look at something pretty
    I'll second that. And . . he is still super hot and has to be close to or over 50 by now.

New of the renewal is a delight. I hope they will change the air date for season 2 so it does not have to complete for viewers with Castle and Hawaii Five-0.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Didn't you hear? ALL shows are now going to air on Monday night. They just moved Bones to Mondays too. It's all Monday all the time now! Even if I had a DVR, I couldn't record everything I want to watch on Monday night, the one night of the week I'm never home!
    Florimel and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm really getting into this show--I love the dynamic between the leads and all the co-stars, the character of Tom (an intelligent, gay man who is artistic and expressive but happens to have a job that doesn't involve being a lawyer or doctor (it seems like most networks feel you have to be one or the other and really relish this stereotype)), the theater aspect, the setting, the songs, everything! In fact, the only moments I fast forward through involve Julia--such a weak, boring character! They could literally lose her storyline (and save a lot of money on the actress) and the show would be SO much better.
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I'm really getting into this show--I love the dynamic between the leads and all the co-stars, the character of Tom (an intelligent, gay man who is artistic and expressive but happens to have a job that doesn't involve being a lawyer or doctor (it seems like most networks feel you have to be one or the other and really relish this stereotype)), the theater aspect, the setting, the songs, everything! In fact, the only moments I fast forward through involve Julia--such a weak, boring character! They could literally lose her storyline (and save a lot of money on the actress) and the show would be SO much better.
    I love it all.I haven't had to FF anything( yet) As much as I Like Anjelica Huston the work she has had on her face makes me squirm. When she is trying to look sexy or come hither , her face remains the same, tight and expressionless.Its sad when that happens
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

I like Ivy and Karen both...I do find the fact that Kat McPhee always raises her hands when she sings annoying. I don't know if she did that on Idol.

I like the relationship between Derek and Angelica Huston's character.

I still can't stand the Julia/Joe (don't know his name) storyline. The actor might be a good singer but I just want him gone.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't think Frank is studying to be a science teacher. I'm pretty sure he was a science teacher and had taken a sabbatical so they could work on the adoption. He decided to go back to work when Julia started on the musical because he felt it wasn't fair that she had gone back on her promise to not work too.
    Well, I missed some of the early bits so you could be right. I thought he'd been home a long time taking care of the son, so hence needed updating.

+ Reply to Thread