+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Yay, more Thorsten! While I didn't like her character loved Bernadette Peters---saw her live many many years ago... she's still got it!

Holy crap, how is it that Bernadette Peters is 64!!!??? She's amazing.

ETA: The show's still airing here, but I keep forgetting to mention how annoyed I am that Brian d'Arcy James is stuck playing Julia's boring husband when he has an incredible voice! I saw in in The Apple Tree with Kristen Chenoweth and Marc Kudisch about 5 years ago and he was fabulous. Maybe Frank will burst into song in a future episode.....
    Last edited by Critical; 03-20-2012 at 01:27 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yay, more Thorsten! While I didn't like her character loved Bernadette Peters---saw her live many many years ago... she's still got it!
    Isnt she incredible She doesn't change, not one bit
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have to say, I HATE the baseball number or at least the choreography. Just too crass.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

The commercial said tonight's episode was the one we were waiting for. Meh! Not so much for me.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I have to say, I HATE the baseball number or at least the choreography. Just too crass.
    I don't like that one, either. I think my favorite is the one she and Joe sing, the one with the couch.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't like that one, either. I think my favorite is the one she and Joe sing, the one with the couch.
    I like that one, but I really like the opening number a lot.

I'll be curious to see if Michael goes quietly when they fire him. I doubt he will. He could definitely sue for sexual harassment even though the relationship was consensual. I enjoyed Eileen smacking Ellis down a bit when he told her about Michael and Julia's affair, but somehow I don't think that's going to stop him from causing as much trouble for Julia as he can.

I wasn't all that impressed with Ivy Lynn at the workshop. She was pretty lackluster. I'm really starting to wonder how long it will be before Karen replacing her becomes a real possibility and what will bring it on. Will she just crack? Will the producers just see that she can't handle the pressure?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Holy crap, how is it that Bernadette Peters is 64!!!??? She's amazing.

ETA: The show's still airing here, but I keep forgetting to mention how annoyed I am that Brian d'Arcy James is stuck playing Julia's boring husband when he has an incredible voice! I saw in in The Apple Tree with Kristen Chenoweth and Marc Kudisch about 5 years ago and he was fabulous. Maybe Frank will burst into song in a future episode.....
    I haven't seen all the episodes, so I don't know it if anything perhaps has been said about Frank having a musical theater background, but it would be interesting, given the actor's talents, if his character is mentioned as a replacement for Michael in the show. That would be a huge act of nepotism, but maybe they'll have trouble getting someone else, and as Frank is familiar with the show already, he wouldn't need as much time to catch up. Wouldn't that p*ss off Michael and make him even more likely to sue for sexual harrassment?!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, he's studying to be a science teacher (Frank), not a music teacher, so unless he's doing that because there are a lot more jobs for science teachers I'm guessing he won't be singing outside the shower or in his head. Of course maybe he did have a brief "moment" like that and that's how he met his cheating wife.

I don't think Frank is studying to be a science teacher. I'm pretty sure he was a science teacher and had taken a sabbatical so they could work on the adoption. He decided to go back to work when Julia started on the musical because he felt it wasn't fair that she had gone back on her promise to not work too.

+ Reply to Thread