+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Smash (NBC- Tuesday 10/9 C)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Smash (NBC- Mondays 10/9 C)

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I thought Ivy was a case of life imitating art. She's portraying Marilyn in a musical and that's bringing out her own insecurities and daddy issues, just like Marilyn herself had.

I also was not a fan of Kat McPhee before this. I didn't care for her on American Idol so I wasn't sure how this show was going to go for me but I like her a lot better here! I think she's a very talented actress. I'm enjoying seeing this side of her.
    I almost wondered if the director bad guy was blowing hot and cold on purpose to make her more neurotic like Marilyn.

In the chorus number in the night club I also think they had Karen be in the chorus first, then "star" then move back in to the ensemble. Not just star. Showing her how to move from one to the other and what the difference was.

Apparently the Saturday reruns are over...luckily for me this week Castle was a rerun, so I didn't have to choose.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I can't believe she kisses her ex right under her kid's bedroom window. Is she nuts??? What mom wouldn't be aware of the possibility that her son could see her?

FORT Fogey

Did anyone watching the episode not know that the final shot would be her shocked son seeing her kiss her ex under his window? My problem with Smash is that while I often enjoy the musical numbers, much of the story lines beyond that are just so predictable and cliche or just plain off. For instance, I have a really hard time believing that one little put out speech from Karen would convince anyone else in the chorus that they had to help her. There are so few jobs in musical theater at the professional level that assuming other people are going to help you be better qualified to possibly take other jobs from them in the future or even get a better position in the chorus in the one you're currently in is just unrealistic.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, count me surprised because I thought that was just too obvious--silly me!

I knew it was going to happen the second he showed up at her house! I thought sure Leo would overhear them talking in the kitchen or something. As soon as he started singing, I knew they'd be showing Leo watching them. Half of the neighborhood was probably gaping at them out the window! I love this show, but it can be a bit predictable.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Seriously, staging a musical number with loud singing/serenading would attract notice anywhere, so don't color us surprised if, in a city of oh, 8 million people, a few notice that loud train wreck in the street...not to mention her kid!

Dumb scene.

The kid liked him though. Maybe he wasn't surprised by the kiss.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I can't believe she kisses her ex right under her kid's bedroom window. Is she nuts??? What mom wouldn't be aware of the possibility that her son could see her?
    Seriously!!! I was just coming here after watching it to say what an idiot she is!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

CCL

Ugh, show, stop trying to make the Grace/Joe DiMaggio thing happen. Do not want.

More of Karen's beau will be fine...he's yummy.
    JavaJo likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Is Leo Frank and Grace's kid? Or does he belong to just one of them? The way she talks about them it's more as if the two of them are a unit and she isn't part of it. Maybe because he was the stay at home dad. And of course the other guy has a wife and kid, too... what a train wreck.

+ Reply to Thread